There are many ways to copy verses to the
clipboard in order to use them to another application (e.g. Microsoft
- Directly from the Bible view
- From the search results list
- Using the Copy verses dialog
Directly from the Bible view
Right clicking on the text of a verse in a
Bible, you can choose one of the following menu functions:
The function for each of the above menus is obvious
- Copy selection
- Copy "current verse"
- Copy "current verse" until verse ...
- Copy "current chapter" (chapter)
From the search results list
After performing a search, you can select one or more entries from the
search results list, right click on any of them and select Copy
Copy verses dialog ()
To invoke the Copy verses dialog, do one of
The Copy verses dialog appears:
- Click F5
- From the File menu, select Copy verses
- Click on the appropriate icon () on the View
To copy one or more verses:
TIP: You may need to select and preview all
the formats before you arrive to the exact result you have in mind.
Some combinations of the 7 formats and the options result to similar
- From the top of the dialog, select the Range
you want. Click on the From button and then
on the To to define the starting and ending
verse. The number of verses (e.g. 4 verses) that the passage you
selected includes appears on top of the To
button. Clicking on the X on the right of it will clear/reset the selected
- From the Bible translation combo box
on the top, select the translation
you want to copy from
- You can select between 7 different formats
of the copied content. To do so, click on each of the numbered buttons
1, 2, ... 7. The left part of the dialog provides a preview
of the output.
- Under the Options label, you can
select various options that can be combined
with the 7 available formattings. Most are self-explained.
- Click the Copy or the Copy and Close button to perform the actual copy
to the clipboard
For the verse reference that can be prepended
to a verse, you can define a small text/letter before and after it. Use
the Before and After
input boxes to enter the letter/text you want.