Download tools and utilities
From this page, you can find tools and other utilities that will help you expand the capabilities of theWord.
Most of the tools on this page are only in English and not very well documented. You can find help about how to use them in the forum.
Importer tool (ver. 184.108.40.206 - Aug 6, 2015)
This is a tool that will let you import public domain resources from other formats and use them directly from within theWord. These include:
Please, notice that the conversion may not be perfect in some cases.
This tool also includes the following utilities:
• Apply paragraphs to a Bible module (.ont file). The paragraphs should be in the default paragraph file format.
Download the Importer tool here (1.44MB)
Technical documentation and specifications
The format of the module files is open and documented. You can download the latest version of the specification documents from here. Also, there are other documents describing technical aspects of the program here.
• Bible module file specification
Utility modules used for creating content, debugging, etc
The following files are made available for those that want to create their own modules, or find out how theWord works internally.
• index.zip: a Bible file where each line contains the book, chapter, verse number. Useful to find mappings between absolute line numbers (1-31102) and book/chapter/vers
• ot-nt-lines.zip: a Bible file where each line contains the actual absolute index and a dummy xref to itself. Useful for building modules, debugging, etc. Make sure you read the 'Information' of the module since it uses some custom keys to toggle some content on/off.
• tpl.cmt.twm.zip: a template commentary file with an entry for each verse. The entries are used as placeholder (updated Nov 29, 2012)
• tpl-ME.dev.twm.zip: a template for a devotional file, with entries broken up in months and days, morning and evening (ME)
• tpl.dev.twm.zip: a template for a devotional file, with entries broken up in months and days, single entry for each entry
The Bible Panorama (revised 2nd edition)
Surveying the scenery of Scripture; Each chapter of each book of the Bible plainly summarised and explained
Stay tuned!Follow @Bible_Software
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
The latest version of theWord is 220.127.116.110.
Random verseGod therefore, having overlooked the times of ignorance, now enjoins men that they shall all everywhere repent, because he has set a day in which he is going to judge the habitable earth in righteousness by [the] man whom he has appointed, giving the proof [of it] to all [in] having raised him from among [the] dead (Acts 17:30,31)