Version 220.127.116.114 - 7 May 2010
This is a maintenance release that brings minor new improvements and several fixes. Of the most important new features is the option to merge multiple consecutive cross-references in the Bible view under a single link. Bibles with many cross-references (like the NASB, NIV, etc) had several different links, each for a separate cross-reference. The display is much clearer with this option.
- [new]: option to merge multiple consecutive cross-references in Bible view using a simple index/link.
- [new]: changed Bible tree implementation to make it compatible with Linux/Wine; added better keyboard navigation and syncing when changing between different Bible types (OT, NT, ONT)
- [new]: CTRL+SHIFT+S updates last used user layout
- [new]: new shortcut in Book view CTRL+P to print
- [new]: verse detection in Book view is now triggered with ), ], } (apart from space and enter)
- [new]: Added ability to define Bible links that contain multiple verses (e.g. "tw://bible.*?id=1.1.1,40.1.1,4.3.5")
- [new]: added xrefs.numbering.scheme option on Bible module (updated spec)
- [new]: added option in search patterns in language file to make a pattern to be used as is, without ignoring case and diacritics
- [new]: allow user modules to be saved in any of the 'known' folders (up to now, user modules could only be saved in the 'Personal - - [new]: links in verse popups (e.g. Strong, morph) now work in Bible tree and Bible search view
- [new]: links in verse lists work properly now (e.g. Strong, morph, etc)
- [new]: added Catalan flag
- [change]: when a book search ends, the active book will not display the first matched topic any more
- [change]: changed "The Word" to "theWord" in several places
- [fix]: the Print command from the file menu would not print the verse list, but just the active Bible
- [fix]: when selecting to display inline commentaries or word lookup dictionaries the Options dialog came up with the wrong page selected
- [fix]: the chapter_verse separator defined in the .lng file was not used in 3 cases: Bible search results, CM, Book view commentary topics
- [fix]: link in the form "tw://*.*?txt=..." failed to display in Bible view
- [fix]: if Cache folder was read-only, settings in config.ini were not saved either (win7 issue).
- [fix]: clicking on a commentary link will not change the current dictionary word
- [fix]: in book view, when right-to-left module, a new topic now starts in right-to-left orientation (paragraph)
- [fix]: fixed issue in Book view with Enter key and verse-detection for Arabic
- [fix]: justified paragraph text was broken
- [fix]: minor fix in Copy Verse dialog: the 'To' verse button misbehaved in some cases.
- [fix]: when changing layout, the content of the Book view was not saved.
- [fix]: minor issue in verse indices in verse list
- [fix]: minor issue with logic when updating more than 2 linked Bible views (Bible tree was collapsing)
- [fix]: issue with search highlighting in Book view (introduced lately) - the highlighted letters were more than the actual match
last updated on Friday, 07 May 2010
Back to FAQ
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 18.104.22.1682.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
For the grace of God which carries with it salvation for all men has appeared, teaching us that, having denied impiety and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, and justly, and piously in the present course of things, awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works. (Titus 2:11-14)