The New King James Bible
AUTHOR: Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc.
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: Includes footnotes, cross-references, paragraphs and poetry indentions, red letters, passage headings
The New King James Version is a total update of the 1611 King James Version, also known as the "Authorized Version." Every attempt has been made to maintain the beauty of the original version while updating the English grammar to contemporary style and usage. The result is much better "readability." It is noteworthy that the NKJV is one of the few modern translations still based on the "Western" or "Byzantine" manuscript tradition. This makes the New King James Version an invaluable aid to comparative English Bible study.
Commissioned in 1975 by Thomas Nelson Publishers, 130 respected Bible scholars, church leaders, and lay Christians worked for seven years to create a completely modern edition of the King James Version that would continue the classic tradition of the original King James. With unyielding faithfulness to the original Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic texts, the translators applied the most recent research in archaeology, linguistics, and textual studies. The resulting work provides today's Bible reader with an accurate and modern translation of the Scriptures with the stylistic beauty and memorable quality of the King James.
Features of the electronic edition for theWord
The electronic edition of the NKJV for theWord Bible Software provides accurate rendering of the printed text, including:
- Passage/Chapter headings
- Red letters
- Parallel passages
- marking of added words (italics)
- Old Testament quotes in the New Testament identified and marked
- Psalm titles, indetion, poetry and prose paragraph formatting
All these features can be switched on/off to simplify the plain reading of the Bible as needed.
SAMPLES (click to see):
Instructions for getting your unlock key will be emailed to the
email address you provide at the Paypal page.
Please, read below for more information.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 18.104.22.1682.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
and all things [are] of the God who has reconciled us to himself by [Jesus] Christ, and given to us the ministry of that reconciliation: how that God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, not reckoning to them their offences; and putting in us the word of that reconciliation. We are ambassadors therefore for Christ, God as [it were] beseeching by us, we entreat for Christ, Be reconciled to God. Him who knew not sin he has made sin for us, that *we* might become God's righteousness in him (2 Corinthians 5:18)