Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible
AUTHOR: Eerdmans Publishing Co.
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: Nearly 5,000 articles written by 600 first-rate Bible authorities thoroughly explaining books, persons, places and significant terms of the Bible
The Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible
gathers nearly 5,000 alphabetically ordered articles that thoroughly yet clearly explain all the books, persons, places, and significant terms found in the Bible. The Dictionary
also explores the background of each biblical book and related writings and discusses cultural, natural, geographical, and literary phenomena—matters that Bible students at all levels may encounter in reading or discussion.
Nearly 600 first-rate Bible authorities have contributed to the Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible. Intended as a tool for practical Bible use, this dictionary reflects recent archaeological discoveries and the breadth of current biblical scholarship, including insights from critical analysis of literary, historical, sociological, and other methodological issues. The editorial team has also incorporated articles that explore and interpret important focuses of biblical theology, text and transmission, Near Eastern archaeology, extrabiblical writings, and pertinent ecclesiastical traditions—all of which help make the Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible the most comprehensive and up-to-date one-volume Bible dictionary on the market today.
Features of the Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible:
Charts and Photos of the print edition are not included
in this electronic version due to copyright restrictions
- Nearly 5,000 entries explain every book, person, place, significant event, and distinctive term or expression found in the Bible
- Written by nearly 600 respected authorities in the field of biblical scholarship
- Supplementary aids include lists of abbreviations, pronunciation guide, transliteration key, and concise bibliographies to guide further research
- Entries cover the Deuterocanonicals as well as the Hebrew and New Testament scriptures
- Based on the New Revised Standard version of the Bible, with attention given to alternate readings in other major translations
Please notice that the perspecive approach on many of the entries contained in this module is a "Modern Scholarly" one and does not attempt to be faith-based. Please click on the 'Sample 1' below to read the actual Preface of the dictionary for more information.
SAMPLES (click to see):
Instructions for getting your unlock key will be emailed to the
email address you provide at the Paypal page.
Please, read below for more information.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 126.96.36.1990.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me; and I give them life eternal; and they shall never perish, and no one shall seize them out of my hand. My Father who has given [them] to me is greater than all, and no one can seize out of the hand of my Father. (John 10:27-29)