Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in One Volume
AUTHOR: Kittel, Gerhard; Friedrich, Gerhard
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: More than 2200 entries, with Greek words restored, fully indexed, including Strong numbers*
The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, Abridged in one volume (TDNTa)
, also known as "Little Kittel", is considered by many to be the best New Testament dictionary ever compiled. One of the most widely respected theological dictionaries put into one-volume, abridged form. Focusing on the theological meaning of each word, the abridgment contains English keywords for each entry and tables of English and Greek keywords.
The one-volume abridgment of the 10-vol. Theological Dictionary of the New Testament, keeps most if not all of the information that pastors and laypeople can use, leaving out the technical and bibliographic information. It explores how each word is used, often in detail, explaining and expounding the underlying concepts. As a consequence, this work allows people who are not scholars to develop a deep understanding of the meaning and usage of words and concepts in the NT, letting them appreciate the nuances of meaning in the text and giving them a deeper understanding of what the biblical author is saying.
Features of the electronic version:
- Greek words have been restored from their transliterated form
- All words discussed have been indexed and are directly searchable from Greek New Testament texts with Lemma information (like the Nestle Aland 27).
- *Strong numbers have been added for the first word of each topic
SAMPLES (click to see):
Instructions for getting your unlock key will be emailed to the
email address you provide at the Paypal page.
Please, read below for more information.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 126.96.36.1990.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
Come to me, all ye who labour and are burdened, and *I* will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest to your souls; for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)