Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament
AUTHOR: Harris, Laird R.; Archer, Gleason L.;Waltke, Bruce K.
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS: More than 1400 articles written by 43 Old Testament scholars, plus some 400 sub-entries giving definitions only
NOTICE: This module requires at least version 3.2.1 of theWord to work properly.
This extensive, scholarly work includes discussions of every Hebrew word of theological significance in the Old Testament, plus brief definitions of all other words found in Brown, Driver and Briggs Hebrew Lexicon. Keyed to Strong's Concordance, the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (TWOT) has been a longtime favorite of serious students of the Bible -pastors and laypeople alike. The busy pastor or earnest Christian worker who has neither the time nor the background for detailed technical study yet desires to understand important terms will enjoy this practical resource.
There are more than 1,400 articles written by 43 Old Testament scholars, plus some 400 sub-entries giving definitions only. The articles focus on theological meanings and importance and do not include lengthy, technical, linguistic discussions. Virtually exhaustive bibliographies of published material relating to the words discussed are also included, in addition to a special section of Aramaic words used in the Old Testament.
Features of the electronic version for theWord
- Keyed to Strong's numbers
- Full index of original Hebrew words
- All verse references and abbreviations hyper-linked for easy reference
- Fully searchable text, including English Hebrew, and transliterations
SAMPLES (click to see):
Instructions for getting your unlock key will be emailed to the
email address you provide at the Paypal page.
Please, read below for more information.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 188.8.131.520.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
For let this mind be in you which [was] also in Christ Jesus; who, subsisting in the form of God, did not esteem it an object of rapine to be on an equality with God; but emptied himself, taking a bondman's form, taking his place in [the] likeness of men; and having been found in figure as a man, humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and [that the] death of [the] cross (Philippians 2:5-8)