This is a unique introduction to and survey of the Bible, giving an overview of each book of the Bible and taking into consideration the message of each verse, without actually being a verse-by-verse commentary (Part One). It provides a series of very memorable outlines for each chapter of the Bible. It also includes a succinct, but vigorous defense of the Bible and concludes with a number of reading schemes to guide readers through Scripture.
Part Two: Enjoying the unhindered view with confidence including Practical topics about the Bible to help you trust and read it. Part two contents:
- CHAPTER 1—WHAT IS THE BIBLE?
- CHAPTER 2—OVERVIEWS AND STUDY HELPS
- CHAPTER 3—CAN I TRUST THE BIBLE?
- CHAPTER 4—DOES THE BIBLE CONTRADICT ITSELF?
- CHAPTER 5—GETTING THE MOST OUT OF MY BIBLE
- CHAPTER 6—HOW WERE THE CONTENTS OF THE BIBLE DECIDED?
- CHAPTER 7—THE BIBLE’S CENTRAL MESSAGE
- CHAPTER 8—WHY READ THROUGH THE WHOLE OF THE BIBLE?
- APPENDIX 1—THE BIBLE
- APPENDIX 2—THE BIBLE’S CHAPTERS
- APPENDIX 3—BIBLE READING SCHEMES (BRS) AND THE FLEXIBLE BIBLE READING SCHEME (FBRS)
- APPENDIX 4— The Biblical basis for Good News
- APPENDIX 5— Use of The Bible Panorama in Family Devotions
“ The Bible Panorama is going to really open eyes to the message of this powerful book.”
“ This timely and impressive tome by Gerard Chrispin is a valuable tool to get us all into the Bible and all the Bible into us; how grateful I am for such a practical help now to continue reading through the whole Bible.”
—Richard Cunningham, Director of UCCF, U.K.
“ Gerard Chrispin has assembled helpful overviews of every passage of Scripture, with clear outlines, that will give you a better grasp of Scripture, no matter where you are in your spiritual journey.”
—Phil Johnson, Executive Director, Grace to You, California
About the author
Gerard Chrispin cannot retire! This Bible teacher, evangelist, author, writer, and occasional broadcaster has already pioneered two ongoing Christian prison outreach organisations. With Phillippa, his wife, he now helps another one. A lawyer, manager and former keen sportsman, he loves being with his six grandchildren and ‘the people they live with’ (his words.) His growing series of ‘How can---?’ evangelistic booklets are much used in English-speaking and (by translation) other countries. Gerard longs to help people to personal faith in Christ and encourage ‘ordinary folks’ to read through, enjoy and understand the Bible.