101 More Hymn Stories
AUTHOR: Osbeck, Kenneth W.
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
- Scores are included within each hymn (see samples below).
- Each entry includes the full text of each hymn and the story of its composition
- Information about all authors, composers, data on the tune name and meter
- Selected bibliography for further reading and research in the field of hymnology
This collection of uplifting, informative stories behind your favorite hymns will warm your heart and revitalize your worship. Each entry comes with the hymn’s full text and musical score.
Perfect for devotions, sermon illustrations, bulletin inserts, and introducing congregational hymns, each hymn story includes information about the author, composer, the tune’s name, meter, and scriptural basis. Some of the well-loved hymns included are:
|Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus |
|I’ d Rather Have Jesus ||Worthy Is the Lamb|
|My Jesus, I Love Thee ||Burdens Are Lifted at Calvary|
|Trust And Obey ||Hark! The Herald Angels Sing|
|Because He Lives ||I Surrender All|
“101 More Hymn Stories is the most inspiring reminder of faith that has gone before and of the value of great hymns.”—Booktalk
“It is common knowledge that nothing breaks down the barriers between people as do songs and music. When these stories of the origin of the hymns we sing are added, it makes singing even more meaningful, increases understanding, and multiplies blessing.”—Provident Bookfinder
“This book will be a blessing to all who read it.”—Mid-American Theological Journal
About Kenneth W. Osbeck
Kenneth W. Osbeck
received his M.A. in music from the University of Michigan. His many years of Christian service include almost thirty-five years of teaching at the former Grand Rapids School of Bible and Music, at Grand Rapids Baptist College (now Cornerstone University), and at Grand Rapids Baptist Seminary. He has also served as music director for the Children’s Bible House and several churches. His other books include the national bestseller Amazing Grace: 366 Inspiring Hymn Stories for Daily Devotions
, 52 Bible Characters Dramatized
, Pocket Guide for the Church Choir Member
, and 101 Hymn Stories
For a complete list of hymns included, click on the Sample 3 link below that contains the table of Contents
SAMPLES (click to see):
Instructions for getting your unlock key will be emailed to the
email address you provide at the Paypal page.
Please, read below for more information.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 18.104.22.1682.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
For let this mind be in you which [was] also in Christ Jesus; who, subsisting in the form of God, did not esteem it an object of rapine to be on an equality with God; but emptied himself, taking a bondman's form, taking his place in [the] likeness of men; and having been found in figure as a man, humbled himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and [that the] death of [the] cross (Philippians 2:5-8)