Common English Bible
AUTHOR: 115 leading biblical scholars from 22 denominations worked on the translation team
AVAILABILITY: Immediate download and unlock of module
- It’s easier than any other Bible translation to read and understand
- It’s broader in its development than any other translation for greater trustworthiness.
- 115 leading biblical scholars from 22 denominations worked on the translation team
- 77 reading specialists did field testing in 13 denominations
Take a fresh look at the Bible while you experience a new translation. The Common English Bible combines a commitment to both accuracy and readability. The result is a new version of the Bible the typical reader or worshipper is able to understand with ease. Written in today's modern English, the Common English Bible was created through the careful work of 120 leading biblical scholars from 24 faith traditions and thorough field tests by 77 reading groups.
The Common English Bible is not simply a revision or update of an existing translation. It is a bold new translation designed to meet the needs of Christians as they work to build a strong and meaningful relationship with God through His Word.
A key goal of the translation team is to make the Bible accessible to a broad range of people; it’s written at a comfortable level for over half of all English readers. As the translators have done their work, reading specialists from more than a dozen denominations have reviewed the texts to ensure a smooth and natural reading experience. Easy readability can enhance church worship and participation, and personal Bible study. It also encourages children and youth to discover the Bible for themselves, perhaps for the very first time.
The Common English Bible is committed to the whole church of Jesus Christ. To achieve this, the CEB represents the work of a diverse team with broad scholarship, including the work of over one hundred and seventeen scholars—men and women from twenty-two faith traditions in American, African, Asian, European and Latino communities. As a result, the English translation of ancient words has an uncommon relevance for a broad audience of Bible readers—from children to scholars.
Read more at www.CommonEnglishBible.com
SAMPLES (click to see):
Product is not available.
- Once you click on the Buy now button you will be redirected to a secure (SSL encrypted) page at Paypal to complete your transaction.
- You can make your purchase using any major credit card, Paypal or an eCheck. Notice that for all 3 payment methods, the Paypal Service is used.
You don't need to have or create a Paypal account to use your credit card.
- Once you finish with your payment, you will be redirected back to theWord site where you will get instructions on how you will download
the module and get your personal unlock key. Notice that instructions will be sent by email to the email address you will provide at Paypal.
- You may use your credit card no matter what currency it is issued in (e.g. US dollars, Euro).
Check conversion rates for other currencies.
- Payments are processed via Paypal.
- You don't need a Paypal account to use your credit card. Paypal is just used as a payment gateway that processes the online transaction.
- Your credit card data is not stored on this site. Your credit card data is given to a secure (SSL) site at Paypal that processes the transaction on behalf of theWord.
Each module you buy is licensed for use by you and your immediate family in one or more PCs that you own.
The unlock key (which will be emailed to you after your purchase) is personal and is associated with your full name and email.
The modules that you purchase here are only licensed for and compatible with theWord Bible software.
Since these modules are encrypted, you will not be able to use
them with any other software or outside of theWord.
Once you receive your unlock data, no refund can be given.
Please, ensure that the module(s) you wish to purchase meet your expectations.
If you are unsure or need more information, you may
with your questions.
Download latest version
Browse module library
Check the forums
Visit the Guestbook
Enter your email to be notified for updates on program and modules
Is it safe to give you my email?
The latest version of theWord is 188.8.131.520.
Find out how you can check what version you are using
For the grace of God which carries with it salvation for all men has appeared, teaching us that, having denied impiety and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, and justly, and piously in the present course of things, awaiting the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ; who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all lawlessness, and purify to himself a peculiar people, zealous for good works. (Titus 2:11-14)