search text cursor

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
csterg
Site Admin

Re: search text cursor

Post by csterg »

I uploaded a build (1069) that should 'fix' this issue (didn't test).
Can you test pls?
Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Yes, the issue with the taskbar button is fixed!
therapon

Post by therapon »

Same here.

I did notice this about its behavior. The "label" on the button doesn't always match the title bar on the application. It seems to be whatever verse was active when the window first loaded. I have a layout with 2 docked and synchronized Bible views and a floating view. The title bar shows the current reference for the docked views first, then as the rest of the views load the floating view becomes active and the title bar text switches to that reference. The label on the button doesn't change even if I load another layout with a different reference active.

Personally, it's fine for me the way it is. Thanks so much for doing the fix.

therapon
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Well, i am adding special handing for wine; these are not bugs in windows, but they are in wine.
I hope theWord does not end up with many 'if IsRunningUnderWine ...' blocks :)
Costas
PeaceByJesus.com

Post by PeaceByJesus.com »

Wanted to let you know that i installed Minime 2010 (PCLinuxOS), versus the 2009 version on my older PC, and the 2010 version installs (Synaptic) Wine version 1.2-0 RC2.1Pclos 2010. I then downloaded the latest ver. of TW from the download page, and using this ver,. of Wine it does fail to show TW in the TaskBar when running. Alt+Tab shows just 1 instance of it running, unless you have a Preferences window open, and then it shows 2.

Where do i get the newer version of TW that fixes this? Thanks.
therapon

Post by therapon »

The link for 3.1.5.1069 is here: http://theword.gr/files/beta/theword.rar

You'll also need the next rc of Wine; the fix for the issue that began this thread didn't make it to rc2. Download links are here: http://www.winehq.org/download

therapon
PeaceByJesus.com

Post by PeaceByJesus.com »

Wanted to let you know that Wine version 1.2-0 RC3.1 is now in the repo i referred to, and TW 3.1.5.1074 runs fine, with the icon showing in the TaskBar. But Alt+Tab shows 2 instances of TW running, when there is only one. No problem. Thanks be to God.
Last edited by PeaceByJesus.com on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is very good to know! Thank you