fix for delays in kubuntu 11.04

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
mathetes

fix for delays in kubuntu 11.04

Post by mathetes »

After upgrading to kubuntu 11.04 TheWord was updating its window very slowly. The fix I found for this problem is to go to System Settings - Desktop Effects and disable the them. I'm not sure which option is actually causing the problem but I thought there may be others who are might find this helpful.
therapon

Re: fix for delays in kubuntu 11.04

Post by therapon »

I know it's a little off-topic but I do have a question. Do popup windows work properly for you after you use SHIFT, mouse over? They work correctly for me until I do that one time; then the only way I can reliably get them to work OK is to hold the SHIFT key down when I mouse over the hyperlink. Otherwise the popup usually just flashes and then disappears.

Thanks,
therapon
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Popups seem to be working fine.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Thanks. Guess it's probably related to the intel video chip/driver combo in my laptop. Doesn't matter what distro or desktop environment, they all work the same. Oh well. :(
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

Did you try disabling all desktop effects? Also, I was having a problem with kde and needed to install kde-config-qt-graphicssystem and enable the raster setting in System Settings - Qt Graphics System.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Neither one made a difference. Popups are the only thing that doesn't work as expected and I can live with it.