How to search all questions in the bible

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
edil

How to search all questions in the bible

Post by edil »

Hi,

This tips is so simple that it could be possible that somebody else already posted it before or something in a similar fashion. Actually it is so simple that I don't know if it qualifies as a tip. I used a principle that I define searching the bible in spanish to find specific verses in the english bibles and viceversa.

All questions ends with a question mark [?], but as you may know, if you type that character in the search box you are going to get all single character "words" like I, a, or the O in phrases like Exodus 4:10. Well in spanish all questions not only ends with [?] but also starts with the character [¿]. You can type that character either by adding the US International keyboard and pressing and holding [RIGHT-ALT] + pressing [?] or by activating your numlock and pressing and holding [ALT] + pressing [1][6][8] (numbers must be typed from the keypad in laptops this is tricky). So download and install any spanish bible, keep your main bible window with your preferred bible, open the search windows and be sure to tell the program to search the spanish bible instead, for the [¿]. If you get 0 results click on the detailed tab and uncheck "whole words only" (yes I made that mistake :roll: ). Then click on any of the verses from the list of hits and your bible window is going to be updated with that particular verse.

There you got it now you know how to search for all the questions in the bible.
edil

Re: How to search all questions in the bible

Post by edil »

Never mind, JG already presented a simpler way to do the same thing. Just search for \?. Here is the post with the answer provided by JG:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=910&p=5071&hilit=question#p5071

At least I told you it was to "simple to be good" :wink:
csterg
Site Admin

Re: How to search all questions in the bible

Post by csterg »

Thank you Edil