Virtual keyboard: enter search words in any language

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
csterg
Site Admin

Virtual keyboard: enter search words in any language

Post by csterg »

The Virtual Keyboard is a part of the Bible search view and allows you to enter in the search text box letters that may not exist on your keyboard.

For example, if you want to write a greek or chinese word to search for, and your keyboard does not have these layouts (e.g. you cannot use your keyboard to enter greek), the Virtual Keyboard will help you.

To access it, go to the Bible search view, make sure the 'Fast' tab is selected and click on the 4th icon from the left (on the small toolbar just below the Search box). From the drop-down menu select the 'Virtual Keyboard'.

A small window will popup with all the unique letters of the active Bible view translation (the one you are about to search). Click on the letters and they will be 'entered' in the search box.

Notice that the Virtual Keyboard is populated with all the unique letters of the active Bible. So, in order to enter greek to search the original NT you first need to select the Greek NT in your Bible view. This is a general rule: the search view always operates (e.g. searches in) the Bible translation of your currently active Bible view.

Costas
larry

Post by larry »

thank you Costas :D i just need to open my eyes and look at things more :shock: sorry for taking up your time when i should be useing mine better when i am in the "THE WORD" :oops:
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This was a great opportunity to write this tip for others also!
Costas
UBC4ME

Re: Virtual keyboard: enter search words in any language

Post by UBC4ME »

Costas,

I was wondering if there is a way to make the virtual keyboard available in the My Verse notes section? I think it would be helpful for those who make notes and want to type out Greek/Hebrew language references. Hope you have a great new year and God continues to bless your hard work. Thank you
Dave
Gods gifts comes wrapped many different ways.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Dave,
there is no real need for it. Windows provide excellent Greek/Hebrew virtual keyboards by themselves. I think it has been discussed before, if you search the forum you will get it.

Costas
mathetes

Post by mathetes »

You should also be able to go to your Regional and Languages control panel and add Greek and/or Hebrew to your keyboard layouts. That way you can just switch the layout from the taskbar when you want them.
UBC4ME

Post by UBC4ME »

Thank you all for the information
Dave
Gods gifts comes wrapped many different ways.