View Bible text in another window

Ideas and suggestions about new features
Leoram

View Bible text in another window

Post by Leoram »

Dear Costas:

First of all thanks for your valuable work and kindness.

After some time playing with TW3, I have noticed it is more stable than I thought at first for a program in a beta stage. In fact, it is more stable than many out there. I think that it will for sure become more stable as it nears the final release if it is the will of God (that's my hope).

I marvel at the power of the verse list feature. I especially like it. I have a suggestion though:

When I am on the List (Alt+L), and click on a verse to select "View Bible text", I expect the Bible I choose that it will open in a new Bible view window and not the one that is already opened. I'd also expect the list to remain opened while I decide to select another verse on the same list to open in the newly opened Bible pane. Does that make sense or not at all? What do you think?
Leoram
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hello Leoram,
thanks for the comments and suggestion.

I decided to implement this:
when you click on the "View Bible Text" and hold down the CTRL key, a new Bible view is created to show the link (if another one does not exist already). This is similar to the handling of the xrefs.
Will have it in next beta.

Is this sufficient?

Costas
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

csterg wrote: I decided to implement this:
when you click on the "View Bible Text" and hold down the CTRL key, a new Bible view is created to show the link (if another one does not exist already). This is similar to the handling of the xrefs.
Will have it in next beta.

Is this sufficient?
Costas
Yes, thanks. Will it be possible for the list to remain opened while I decide to select another verse on the same list? This would be nice and would enhance the Verse List feature a little. Also I didn't grasp by your response if the new option planned to be implemented in next beta will allow the opening of any Bible version or just the default one. Pls. clarify a little as your time permits. Thanks.
Leoram
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The new Bible view will open in the selected Bible (the one you chose from the menu).
But i am not clear on "Will it be possible for the list to remain opened while I decide to select another verse on the same list?". Since a new Bible view will handle the click, the original will remain at the List. Do you mean something else?
Costas
Leoram

Post by Leoram »

Yes Costas. Now I know that what you have planned for the list totally fits my expectations. Thanks.
Leoram