TW community produced add on extensions feature

Ideas and suggestions about new features
malayangbiblia

TW community produced add on extensions feature

Post by malayangbiblia »

Hi Costas,

Since TW is very user-friendly and has a lot of supporters who wants this program become better everyday, may I suggest, if you're still planning to develop this program, that hopefully one day you can put a feature to integrate community developed add-on extensions out-of-the-box for developers who wish to contribute to this project for free or with value-based fees. Such extensions may include, ability to do more advanced searches, provide word analysis, themes, extensions that will help Bible/Book translators, etc. I don't know if there are applications or platforms that ever succeeded long term without having a very strong support for or from the developers community.
Edmund
jonathangkoehn

Re: TW community produced add on extensions feature

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Costas has built some of this functionality already:

I know one can externally:
1. look up words in theWORD (It brings up dictionaries with the word looked up)
2. go to verses in theWORD (Brings up the verse in an open Bible)

In practice one can then either use theWORDs underlying Bible format and build ones own search funcationality and then open those verses in theWORD through an external link.
Or bring up that word in a dictionary in theWORD. I did some of this in Accuracy but I need to rethink it. I redid the Bible format and that makes it overly complicated. It would be better to use theWORDs Bible format.

Perhaps if more people did these kind of tools and linked them in in a nice fashion. It may give incentive for other things to be opened up.

This functionality can be seen in Accuracy and I believe in Rubio Terras recent tool that edits Bibles.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2