Devotional

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Devotional

Post by csterg »

kimgbhg wrote:Absolutely wonderful! Made a plan for each language to keep up my practice. Unlike (one of those other products), I can actually use my lexicon/morphology as I go along, so I don't get stuck and give up.

The devotionals are reviving my quiet time. What a great gift! Spurgeon is challenging to the heart as always.

Now theWord truly lets me do my reading wherever I am. The customizable reading plans are SO great. Practicing my Spanish as well.

How much did you say you were going to charge for the software again? :-) I've paid a lot more for less!

Thank you!
This is really encouraging, thank you.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I may have missed this, but is there a way to reset a BRP so it begins with today?

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

DarrelW wrote:I may have missed this, but is there a way to reset a BRP so it begins with today?

Darrel
Yes, of course.
Click on the 'Stats & Actions' and select 'Catch Up'
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Costas,
I must still be missing something. When I click on module properties, reading plan and then click on catchup it sets the screen as shown in this diagram, but it does not appear to start the reading on today. It appears to start it earlier. Am I not understanding something?

Darrel
Attachments
BRP.png
BRP.png (470.7 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Click on the 'Restart' pls
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have the same thing showing. Now maybe I am expecting something wrong. I would think the plan would shift to have my one year BRP starting today. Am I mistaken?

Darrel
Attachments
brp2.png
brp2.png (483.23 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

You are correct.
Is it possible that you created your plan with an earlier beta version? If yes, then this is probably the reason.
Is it easy to create a new plan?
After that, try the same function to see if it works.

Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I have been using the One Year BRP by Xiaofei Jiang. Does this mean he needs to update his BRP? Do we have any pre-defined BRPs that work correctly that can be downloaded withut needing to create my own yet?

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I see, that's the reason. It's very easy to fix this; it requires a simple sql statement.
Which days of the week does it have reading for?
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Okay, I created a new plan and told it to start today and it looks like the first screen shot. Next I changed the month to August as shown in the 2nd screen shot. Now when I click on 'catch up' I would expect the schedule to revert back to today (May 26) but it does not. It stays on the August date. If I restart the plan, again it stays on the August date. Am I misunderstanding something?

Darrel
Attachments
brp4.png
brp4.png (486.09 KiB) Viewed 4481 times
brp3.png
brp3.png (482.85 KiB) Viewed 4481 times
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

the screen shots got reversed when I imported them! :oops:
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

So i am confused also :)
So, you are saying that with a new plan this does not work?
I just tested with a new plan that I asked it to start last month, and then the 'Restart' brought it to start today. Doesn't this work for you?
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I had created my plan to start today, then I moved the plan (via the calendar drop down) to August. I then restarted the plan and expected the display to change back to May 26, but it stayed positioned at August. I would expect restart to change it back to today and not to stay positioned at August.

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

DarrelW wrote:I had created my plan to start today, then I moved the plan (via the calendar drop down) to August. I then restarted the plan and expected the display to change back to May 26, but it stayed positioned at August. I would expect restart to change it back to today and not to stay positioned at August.

Darrel
Hi Darrel,
the behaviour is consistent with other modules, they open to the same position when theWord was closed.
If you need to jump the view to today's day, you can (currently build 1300) click on the top node "Calendar View" or "List View".
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your input. Yes, that does work. Is this behavior standard or being addressed and changed in version 4?

Darrel