Issue with Window Resize - Dual Monitor - Skinned Border

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
engellion

Issue with Window Resize - Dual Monitor - Skinned Border

Post by engellion »

Hi Costas,

I've noted this behaviour with not only Beta 1305, but even the current official release - 1167, when using the Skinned Border option for theWord and a dual monitor display.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 32Bit. I have theWord open on my primary display, a 16:9 laptop. I also have a 4:3 monitor plugged into the RGB port of the laptop. The monitors are running in Extended Display mode.

When I maximise theWord in the primary display (16:9) all is fine - it fills the entire width of the display. I then minimise theWord. When I click the icon for theWord that is showing on the Task Bar, it should bring theWord up from the minimised state back to the maximised mode, but instead it is brings up theWord showing in 4:3 format on the 16:9 display. I then have to click the maximise icon in the top right of theWord's skinned border twice in order to make the window fit the 16:9 display again.

If I do not use the Skinned Border, or if the second display is not connected, then there is no issue.

Not sure if you already are aware of this, but I've just noticed this now in testing Beta 1305, as I normally run with out a Skinned Border.

Blessings,
Paul.
PaulC

Check out YouTube for theWord Bible Software Tutorial Series 1
A series of introductory video tutorials for theWord Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Window Resize - Dual Monitor - Skinned Border

Post by csterg »

Yes Paul, I am aware of this flaw; unfortunately hard to fix at this moment; only workaround is to disable the skinned border,
Costas