Jamieson Fausset Brown Bible Commentary

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
aaron

Jamieson Fausset Brown Bible Commentary

Post by aaron »

Dear Costas,

I don't know if this issue is within the scope of your concern but thought I'd ask and see.

I've downloaded and installed the JFB Commentary:
http://download.theword.gr/bin/get.php/jfb.cmt.exe

For most of the Topics in this commentary the first letter after each dash ( — ) is missing. Example:

Zech 9:15
devour—he flesh of their foes. (should be "The flesh")
drink—he blood of their foes; (should be "The blood")
subdue with sling-stones—r, "tread under foot (should be "Or, tread under foot")

I opened the jfb.cmt.twm file and the letters are not missing from the module. Should I try to edit the module and replace the dash (—) with a standard dash (-)?

Here is part of the code I extracted from the .twm file for Zech 9:15

"\par {\b 15. devour}\u8212 the flesh of their foes. \par {\b drink}\u8212 the blood of their foes;"

Thankx again, Aaron
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dear Aaron,
of course it is of my concern :)
OK, this is a problem with the module itself. It's my fault because older versions of the importer had an error in the conversion of such cases. Also, TW3 beta before ver. 620 handled incorrectly a part of the rtf spec...
Anyway, no matter of the technicalities: Please, get it again from http://download.theword.gr/bin/jfb.cmt.exe and tell me if it looks OK.

When i fixed the issue, i think that i also fixed most of the then existent modules, but maybe i didn't so with the JFB.

Costas
aaron

Post by aaron »

Costas
I wasn't sure if you edited these or not; It looks great Thank you so much.
Aaron
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The text comes from The SWORD Project, i just re-converted with the importer, that's all.
Costas