KJV - 1611

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
kevro20000

KJV - 1611

Post by kevro20000 »

I pretty much only use the KJV when I study. I discovered that in one verse, Luke 17.9, the word trow was replaced with think. In the version 2 program, the verse correctly has the word, trow. I realize that the words are similar in meaning, but I like the Bible to stay the way it is.

:?: Any possibility to have the original KJV and this new one both available as modules?

Another passage of concern is Luke 2.11. The word, Saviour in the KJ is changed to Savior in the new one. On the one hand, just an update to modern spelling. However, the original 7-letter version is preferred because in the Bible, 7 represents perfection or God's completeness. 6 represents man, who is definitley not complete or perfect. These kinds of things occur over and over in the Bible and every Bible I have here at home, whether printed by the Gideons International or Cambridge Press in England have the old way of spelling, because their is significance in it.
Thanks,
Kevro2000
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Unfortunately, i am not an expert with the several versions of the KJV Bible. The original KJV1611 version renders Lk 17:9 like this:

Doeth he thanke that seruant, because hee did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

Now, the older KJVlite module i have in the downloads of ver. 2 uses the word trow.
Unfortunately i cannot really control that, and i am not 'responsible' since most of the texts i use are not compilations of my own. The current KJV module (the one with Strong's) is derived from "The Sword Project" version. But for that case, maybe you could use the old KJVlite module that is still available.

Don't know if this is of any help,
Costas
kevro20000

Post by kevro20000 »

Thanks for the info. It does help.
I'll work at it & see what I can do from my end.

By the way, other than whats already been posted as an issue, plus the things not yet implemented, things are going well the beta. I'm really enjoying it.
:D
Thanks,
Kevro2000
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I will try to find more info on this issue myself, and maybe a 1611 original version.
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I uploaded a new compilation of the KJV that fixes the issues you brought up.
Please, check here http://forum.theword.gr/viewtopic.php?t=66.

Get it from here: http://download.theword.gr/bin/get.php/kjv.ont.exe
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The KJV 1611 edition is now available thanks to Adam!
Get it here: http://download.theword.gr/bin/get.php/kjv1611.ont.exe

Costas