Mass Conversion of TOP and some DCT to TWM

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
davidcoxmex

Mass Conversion of TOP and some DCT to TWM

Post by davidcoxmex »

Dear Friends,

I am a missionary pastor in Mexico City. I have a large e-Sword site where I link to modules both on my website and around the Web. I have around 1000 modules, mostly TOP on my website. I created probably 800 of them. Even though all of my modules that I create are free, I normally Password protect my modules, so the converter will not work on them. :cry: Please note that I want them locked because changes should come to me, and people should not change them on their own. That way I will know of errors and change the original on my site so it is corrected for everybody.

I am converting all of my modules to TWM in addition to having them in e-Sword format. A lot of the modules that others have put up are public domain, but locked, but I have other sources for these modules (PDFs, webpages, etc) and I will work on converting them from these other sources as time permits.

Please note that I have these modules on my website, but have not yet gotten around to making help pages and the library of modules for TWM like I have for e-Sword. Therefore I am using my SQUIDOO.COM account to announce new modules. Why? Because I am trying to cover a $300/year hosting fee for my website, and I get a penny for every 50 visitors on my Squidoo pages. Right now it is averaging about $12-15 dollars per quarter. Since nobody donates to help keep up the website, it is a way I can get a little bit of help and it still is free to the public. I am using these Squidoo pages for announcing new modules, and after a month or so, the module links will be removed from there and posted on my own pages in the library. (This goes for e-Sword and THEWORD modules). Like I said, it is a minimal help to me, but it is all that comes in. This year I have had probably $40 total donated out of 70 gigabytes of bandwidth every month. If you post the Squidoo URL in your browser favorites bar, and click on it 5 times a day, and a bunch of people do that, I might get enough kick back to cover half my hosting fees (maybe it would amount to $5 a month extra for me!!! Yea). Just an observation. :roll: Sorry for the commercialization. The moderator can eliminate this paragraph if he wants.

Go to my squidoo page for TWM is http://www.squidoo.com/twm.
For regular e-Sword modules it is http://www.squidoo.com/E-Sword.

Note that I have included chapter content of each module on these pages (Squidoo, not on my website), so you can kind of judge whether it is valuable to you or not.

My e-Sword library can be found at http://www.davidcox.com.mx/e-swordmodules/topicsA.htm
My THEWORD library will be found at http://www.davidcox.com.mx/twm/ when it is created.

I highly recommend that you use the RSS (bottom of right column, the RSS feed is read via Outlook or Thunderbird or other RSS Feed agregators) on Squidoo announcement page to keep tract of changes to these pages. It would not hurt to use the RSS for the e-Sword page also so I get more hits. (Oops there I go again.) Anyway I hope to get 12-20 modules converted and posted every week as a norm, and probably over the next month or two, I might post 50 or so a week. Last year and for half of this year, that was what we were creating in e-Sword until my secretary quit. I hope to return that pace once my new secretary learns how to do this stuff (which it is taking her forever :wink: ). I have to track down whether I made the module, or the copyright status of these things before I play with them. Note that we have permission and are converting the website www.bible.org archives into e-Sword and TWM formats. Those modules will be either on my pages or on Bible.org itself, whatever the Bible.org people want. Right now it is on my pages.

If you have modules in e-Sword or books in electronic format that you are the author, please write me if you want me to place them into e-Sword format. If you have a site on the Internet with a work in public domain that you would recommend or like to see in a module, I would like an email advising me of that. Please note that I only do religious reference works, no occult stuff, no secular stories, none of that kind of material. I don't have enough time for the Bible stuff, so I exclude things of little religious value (i.e. like Egypt book of the dead, etc.).
In Christ,
Pastor David Cox
davidcox (at sign) davidcox.com.mx