All-in-one tool to edit/create non-encrypted Bible modules

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
malayangbiblia

All-in-one tool to edit/create non-encrypted Bible modules

Post by malayangbiblia »

Original Question: [Solved]

Is there a best practice for bible module creators on how to add the strong numbers into the module just like what was done with the Official KJV bible module? Who did it and how was it done? without using programming language? I can see how it can be done manually by "copy-paste" method, but is there a more efficient way of doing this with basic tools? I'm planning to do it on a tagalog bible module I'm working on. Thanks!

Solution: iBiblia.exe

Feature Highlights:

* Best program for Translation work as it gives you ability to incorporate original languages as source text and associate it with your new translation!
* Add to any non-encrypted Bible module Strong's/Morphology codes
by using any non-encrypted Strong's/Morphology codes tagged Bible modules.
* Supports multiple words associations between different Bible translations/text
* Create Your own Interlinear using different translations
* Edit non-encrypted Bible modules verse by verse (for Bible Translators/Proofreaders)
* Proofread up to 4 Bible modules at the same time (for Bible Translators/Proofreaders)
* Auto formatting of words and tags upon export (for Bible Translators)
* Supports adding of footnotes to verses (for Bible Translators)
* Works along with theWord by syncing theWord current Bible window view with your current verse in iBiblia and vice versa
* Exports files into .ot, and .nt with all the formats and Tags (Strong's and Morphological Codes)
* Make your own Concordance Dictionary module from any language
* Portable (no installation required)

For more info: https://github.com/rubiot/ibiblia/wiki
Bugs: https://github.com/rubiot/ibiblia/issues
Program Download Section: https://github.com/rubiot/ibiblia/releases

Credits to: Rubio Terra
Attachments
Strongs+RMA Tags.JPG
Strongs+RMA Tags.JPG (90.77 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
No Strongs+RMA Tags.JPG
No Strongs+RMA Tags.JPG (117.92 KiB) Viewed 5493 times
Last edited by malayangbiblia on Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:54 am, edited 39 times in total.
Edmund
RevSteve

Re: Efficient way of adding Strong's Numbers to a Bible Modu

Post by RevSteve »

If your translation is always to the right of each greek word, I would think that would make it easy.
If however, your translation has phrases\word(s) before and after each greek word...or worse before/after several greek words, that would make it more difficult.
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

RevSteve wrote:If your translation is always to the right of each greek word, I would think that would make it easy.
If however, your translation has phrases\word(s) before and after each greek word...or worse before/after several greek words, that would make it more difficult.
I'm using LibreOffice and what I did was to just follow after the KJV Strongs # positioning and the ff:

1. Replace every space on my translation column with "<> " then
2. do the copy (double-click the KJV+strongs number on the other column automatically selects the whole Strong's number's code)
3. then go back to the other column and paste it.

The difficulty is to make sure all the strongs# are in the right places! Dealing with random numbers can be a little tricky.
Attachments
theWordTagalog+.JPG
theWordTagalog+.JPG (200.35 KiB) Viewed 5715 times
Edmund
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Well you could do a find/replace for static words in your language, maybe like nouns, adjectives, etc, singular/ plural...any phrases makes this more complicated.

Of course if you have a complete list of words and if phrases were used... that could be helpful.
I am sure if it were me doing this, I wouldn't have thought far enough ahead to make such a list.

Perhaps you could make such a list by using the entirety of your translation, then eliminate duplicates and then use that list.
But once again, phrases can be a damper on doing that.
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

RevSteve wrote:Well you could do a find/replace for static words in your language, maybe like nouns, adjectives, etc, singular/ plural...any phrases makes this more complicated.

Of course if you have a complete list of words and if phrases were used... that could be helpful.
I am sure if it were me doing this, I wouldn't have thought far enough ahead to make such a list.

Perhaps you could make such a list by using the entirety of your translation, then eliminate duplicates and then use that list.
But once again, phrases can be a damper on doing that.

I think its a brilliant idea. But this gives me a new problem. How will I determine if the strongs# inserted by that command into the translation exists in the KJV+S text? Also, dealing with synonyms, contextual analysis and dynamic equivalence is something only a human brain can process. I'm starting to think that this is going to be a painful process since I'm journeying into uncharted waters, so to speak.
Edmund
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

There's no easy way around this, specially in your case, in which you're dealing with two very different languages. Strongs need to be added word for word if you want accuracy. I've created a program to ease this work, but the interface is in Portuguese (sorry...): https://github.com/rubiot/ibiblia/wiki.

The program allow the association of equivalent terms visually using the mouse, and it has a memory for past associations. You don't need to type a single strong tag, this is done for you under the hood. It people find it useful, maybe I can create an English interface.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

RubioTerra wrote:There's no easy way around this, specially in your case, in which you're dealing with two very different languages. Strongs need to be added word for word if you want accuracy. I've created a program to ease this work, but the interface is in Portuguese (sorry...): https://github.com/rubiot/ibiblia/wiki.

The program allow the association of equivalent terms visually using the mouse, and it has a memory for past associations. You don't need to type a single strong tag, this is done for you under the hood. It people find it useful, maybe I can create an English interface.
You're the man, brother! This tool can save me hundred of hours on this project. I would greatly appreciate the English interface if you can provide one as soon as possible!
Edmund
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Rubio, your program looks like a real time saver for marking up texts.

I am interested also in your program in English.

I realize that if you were to undertake making it in English, that likely would be a lot of work for you and might be time consuming.

Don't do it on account of my wanting it however.

Perhaps I should just memorize the interface words...their meaning in English:)
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

RubioTerra - I am interested as well. English would be nice

I assume, it could work to make interlinears of whatever the language
For example
Byz2005/English
Byz2005/Spanish
Byz2005/English ( then secondary step combined with a transliteration version)

Sounds like a very nice tool.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Jonathan, that's what I was thinking about.
BTW, there are a couple of Spanish Int. over on hamp.
But one has some Greek spelling errors throughout.

I am looking for Latin/English resources right now, I am working on one right now...it is very rough though and likely will never see the light of day...only I will use it myself I suppose...
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

OK, I've started working on the translation. I'll keep you updated here.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RubioTerra

Post by RubioTerra »

I've drafted a first English version. Please get it here. A short user manual (screenshots are still from the Portuguese version) is available here.

This tool is not perfect, but it is in a usable state - I've used it myself to add strongs and morphology to a Portuguese New Testament. Recently I've added Old Testament support, but it doesn't handle RTL languages (it will be displayed LTR). The parser may need to be adjusted for non-latin-script languages. Bugs, suggestions or, better yet, pull requests can be opened in the Github project page. If anyone is interested in helping with code, I can translate source files/classes/variables names to English as well.
Rúbio R. C. Terra
Brasília/DF - Brasil
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Thank you so much for making this available to us who need it.
I look forward to learning how to use it and put it to good use.

Blessings to you.

Hey other guys, learn how to use this well so I can ask questions.
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

Terra, my TRa module is not loading on the Source Window. I tried changing the Font to Greek. Same problem. What source text did you use?
Last edited by malayangbiblia on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edmund
RevSteve

Post by RevSteve »

Wow! too cool! Thanks much for this Rubio...I have just finished the 1st verse of my Latin-English Interlinear.
I had to fumble around for a few minutes but got the hang of it fairly fast.

I now only have 7956 verses to go! Haha.

Now I am torn wondering whether I should add Strongs...probably not but I have to think about it....