Wine gave Mono and Gecko messages during installation

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
Starkman

Wine gave Mono and Gecko messages during installation

Post by Starkman »

Greetings all.

So, I got wine installed...I guess! Running it with theWord gave two messages during installation (they don't pop up afterwards)--see attachments (I don't now how to get them to post in the message area).

Now, I did find This site
and this site

But not much else. If these are applicable to a solution, I'm really unsure exactly what I need to do to fix these two issues.

Thanks.

(Oh, the images did post. Okay!)
Attachments
Wine Gecko Installer.png
Wine Gecko Installer.png (16.07 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Wine Mono Installer.png
Wine Mono Installer.png (15.09 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Starkman

Re: Wine gave Mono and Gecko messages during installation

Post by Starkman »

UPDATE:

Okay, the program is running, and all seems well. I got the same Gecko message when I tried to see a list of resources or something; I chose the Install button, and that solved that.

I haven't yet gotten that Mono message again, but I'm wondering if it won't come up again even if I need it. I suppose it will.
therapon

Post by therapon »

As the message says, Mono is only needed for .NET applications. Neither Gecko or Mono are required for TW so you should be ok there. I've had mixed results with .NET applications functioning under WINE, mostly negative.
Starkman

Post by Starkman »

Thanks.

Gecko, however, is required; twice I've had to install it by clicking the Install button on the message that comes up--it has come up within the program twice. Otherwise, hyperlinks and similar won't show.

Other than that, I haven't had the message for Mono, and that's fine with me.

Thanks again.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Hmm, I guess Gecko got installed without asking permission! Sorry for the misinformation :-/
Starkman

Post by Starkman »

therapon wrote:Hmm, I guess Gecko got installed without asking permission! Sorry for the misinformation :-/
Oh, no, it didn't get installed without my permission; it popped up the message notifying me that it needed to be installed. I was just letting you know that it needs Gecko, but I don't know about Mono; it hasn't popped up a message yet.

Thanks.
therapon

Post by therapon »

Yeah, I was referring to my WINE installation. Gecko is installed even though I don't remember doing it. My experience has been that those notices are not always accurate depending on how Gecko or Mono got installed, which version is present, etc., so I always refuse permission. If something complains, then I'll see about installing it.

Oh well, glad you got it sorted out.