NET translation . Gen 3.14ff - copy includes question marks

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
kenfhill84083

NET translation . Gen 3.14ff - copy includes question marks

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I copied Gen 3.14 (f5). When I pasted it into NoteTab Pro or Notepad++ it comes in this way:

Genesis 3:14 (NET)
???????The LORD God said to the serpent, ??????“Because you have done this, ??????cursed are you above all the wild beasts ??????and all the living creatures of the field! ??????On your belly you will crawl ??????and dust you will eat all the days of your life.

When I paste into LibreOffice Writer, in each spot where the above text editors have question marks LibreOffice Writer has gray rectangles with 2 tiny commas.

Of the Bibles I have, the NET is the only Bible with this issue, and it only seems to happen with poetry.

It works OK to paste into notepad and Freeplane (mindmap) and KeyNote NF.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it?
csterg
Site Admin

Re: NET translation . Gen 3.14ff - copy includes question ma

Post by csterg »

Notepad++: Go to Encoding->Encode in UFT8.

The NET was one of the first Bibles made for theWord, back before there were proper align tags for poetry, so alignment was made with extra spaces, which are unicode chars. Programs that don't know how to handle these unicode spaces display them as question marks, this is quite rare in 2016 though.
Costas