KJV Strong's tag error in Gen 2:18

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
Dennis Lee

KJV Strong's tag error in Gen 2:18

Post by Dennis Lee »

theWord Version 5.0.0.1450
KJV Version 2.6 Identifier b9
HiSB Version 1.0 Identifier b47

(Gen 2:18 [KJV])
And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

The Strong's entry that comes up when the mouse hovers over the word "alone" shows עשה. This is for the next entry which is "make".

The correct entry should be לבדו.

Cross checking with the entry in the HiSB shows that the entry in the HiSB is correct.

[Aside]
Can the forum allow us to search by Bible verse? I searched the forum for gen 2:18 to see if someone had already highlighted this but the search returned the message that 2:18 is ignored and only "gen" is used in the search. That returned 83 posts and I had to click through each one (laborious, boring, arduous, tedious... etc you get the picture) to see if this topic has come up before. I gave up halfway and posted this anyway :-)
[/Aside]
JG

Re: KJV Strong's tag error in Gen 2:18

Post by JG »

The point to be aware of is, not every word in the KJV module we have has been tagged with a Strong's number. So if there appears to be an issue it is best to make them visible and see which ones are tagged.

Forum post issue:
The first post made has to be approved. This is to stop spammers.

Forum search issue:
we don't have control over the search. It is the designer of the forum software.
The enhancement we added was a Google search component. Searching for "Gen 2:18" in quotes will give a result.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet