Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
mathetes

Re: Update: theWord 3.1.5.1072

Post by mathetes »

I tried it on XP and it wasn't working with any of the Vista skins. And I meant that within the window where you select the text to compare it would not highlight the current text that was just clicked on.
JG

Post by JG »

Hi,

So this is just a skin issue?
It has not been set to highlight the background, when selected.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
sdahlinghwa wrote:
csterg wrote:Hm, i thought i would use the same way as in the Book search view.
I agree also that it can be tricky. How about adding a menu item to the drop-down button with the config options? (the one that has the "New search window...", "increase..." etc)
Costas
Hi Costas,

Is there just a way to make the drop down button more obvious - like put the word "options" on the button?
Or maybe make it brightly colored (& maybe with a special arrow on it) so that it can't be easily overlooked?
Just something to make it more noticeable, so that users will click there, even if only to see what's there.

Once they click there they will know what it's for.
The space there is limited; i agree that once someone finds out, it's easy.
I am not very happy with any of these to be honest; i will leave it as is for now until a better idea comes up,
Costas
Hi, just as a way to make the option more obvious and keep the theme of "sets", how would the existing sets icon look
icon.jpg
icon.jpg (935 Bytes) Viewed 5045 times
Same for the Book search but use a maroon color.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

This is a skin issue; i will fix it, thank you
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

yes, a skin issue
eefjw

Post by eefjw »

New search feature is much appreciated. TW jus' keeps gettin' better 'n' better! :D
Thanks, Costas!

Eldon
preahkumpii

Post by preahkumpii »

I checked into this skin issue (I am the maker), and it appears that there is not a setting for this in the skin, as far as I am aware. I am running Vista and I experience the same thing that mathetes says. I don't have an explanation as to why royhieatt's works on Win7. On my machine, only the "pre-built" skins work correctly. These are skins that came with the library used by Costas.

Adam
Adam
JG

Post by JG »

preahkumpii wrote:I checked into this skin issue (I am the maker), and it appears that there is not a setting for this in the skin, as far as I am aware. I am running Vista and I experience the same thing that mathetes says. I don't have an explanation as to why royhieatt's works on Win7. On my machine, only the "pre-built" skins work correctly. These are skins that came with the library used by Costas.

Adam
Hi Adam, it is just that Roy did not understand the issue, and was thinking it was about markup in the Bible view, where as, it was just a skin setting set to clear and not a color.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software