Progress on ver 3.0

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
coords

Progress on ver 3.0

Post by coords »

Hallo Brother Costas

Just wondering how soon we can expect the final ver of 3.0 or a newer beta. Not trying to be pushy though, just love your program and am looking forward to seeing it completed.

God bless
Garth
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Dear Garth,
i was about to publish a newer beta since there are many improvements, but i decided to delay it just a bit more to make some more radical steps towards the final version. Specifically, i am working on:
- Finalize and publish module specification so people can start creating material
- Proper support of general multi-level book in the study view (finished)
- The importer to be able to create books by reading files from the disk
- Searching of non-Bible resources
- Maybe editing of non-Bible resources and migration of user data. This will allow the creation of modules directly from within TW itself.

I think it is important to reach the final version as soon as possible and then more details can be added one at a time,
This also means that i have put aside many of the things i have planned (or promised) and moving towards finalizing ver.3. I think most users will agree that this is a proper decision,

Costas
coords

Post by coords »

Hi Brother Costas

Thanks for the update! I'm looking forward to this release. Hopefully it'll also be part of the Ubuntu CE also.

Garth
HartmutP

Post by HartmutP »

csterg wrote: I think it is important to reach the final version as soon as possible and then more details can be added one at a time,
This also means that i have put aside many of the things i have planned (or promised) and moving towards finalizing ver.3. I think most users will agree that this is a proper decision,
Dear Costas,

I want to second/contribute that statement:
it´s more important in respect to a wider user base to get a final 3.0, as to add more very specific features. Additional, I think it´s everytimes very nice to have every half year a sub-release, helps recognizing the ongoing effort :)!

So my suggestion is to release a last Beta for testing these major addendums (esp module spec), and then release 3.0 in order to be able to create content.

Blessings - Hartmut
llamadafinal

Post by llamadafinal »

Hello Brother. God Bless You!

In mexico has been of large bendicion your program, you do not imagine the impact that to had and what represents for the town of God to have this program that expect with expectacion the new one version.

Previously we used e-sword but the word surpasses in all the senses and we have brought up to date to all our churches around the world.

When you think to have list to new version?

Congratulations since Ministerios Llamada Final Mexico.

Thank you.
SperryRuss

Post by SperryRuss »

Yes, I used E-Sword before. Nothing against it but The Word is more to my liking. Keep up the good work Costas.

SpJoRuss
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement;
I work a lot on the final version and i hope to have it really soon, but i cannot promise a date. A rough estimate is around the end of the year,
Costas
Rubén Gómez

Post by Rubén Gómez »

Hi Costas,

Is that an ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) for the release version of TW3, or just for another beta?

Best,

Rubén Gómez
csterg wrote:A rough estimate is around the end of the year
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi Ruben,
it will not be just another beta, but a release towards the final version.
So more of a release candidate. But i do calculate to have the final around the end of the year.
Costas
coords

Post by coords »

Will we perhaps be getting a nice Christmas gift from Greece this year? ;) Looking forward to the next build/RC.

God bless and very merry Christmas to all!

Co-ords
(Isa 9:6 [KJV]) - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I am not sure; i work a lot on the final release, but there are too many things to do.
I am confident we are close, but don't know if it will be Christmas or something more.

Costas
aaron

Post by aaron »

Sure do appreciate all your hard work on this project Costas.

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas

Aaron
Rubén Gómez

Post by Rubén Gómez »

aaron wrote:Sure do appreciate all your hard work on this project Costas.

Everyone have a very Merry Christmas

Aaron
We all do, Costas. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you!
Last edited by Rubén Gómez on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rubén Gómez
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
I want you to know that it is very helpful.

Merry Christmas to all,
Costas
Fannon

Post by Fannon »

How is the progress?

Don't want to push, I'm just curious :roll: