'The Word' version 3 RC2 (3.0.0.821) [was 3.0.0.804]!

From here you can check the latest version of the software and related apps (e.g. Importer utillity). New add-on modules will be announced here also (Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, etc)
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

imepv7 wrote:thanks, Costas! But what are the differences/fixedbugs/enhancements from the previous beta?
They are few and rather obscure (support for right-to-left books, a fix in the font-size combo, new 'Donate' dialog under help menu).

This is why i didn't change the RC2 stauts. Unless something else comes up, this will also be the final version.
Costas
MsLile

Post by MsLile »

MsLile, I do a lot of testing for Costas and would like to just understand what you mean by cut off. Is this height wise. Did you also try to change the text height there for those refs, (it might have been due to the font height bug you reported, if you changed the text height and then had tried the undo function you would have arrived at the enlarged text hight, so was the nature of the bug) I was going to go down that line of testing just to see if I could repeat the situation, even though it is fixed now, then we can relax on trying to find it.
So can you recall if you did change the font size there?
Jon

It happened when I upgraded and it imported my works and downloads in the other program. It cut off the last line in a book. Sorry, I didn't get around sooner to answer you. I was suffering from the flu and learning about the deaths of two of my brothers, one which I knew nothing about. :cry:
Heb 6: 10 For GOD is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love.............

"In Him we live and move and have our being...... 'For we are also his offspring.' Acts 17:28
PastorDave

What Happened to the Font Size Option???

Post by PastorDave »

I just installed the latest RC2, which I didn't know existed without the forums. :)

Question 1: How come you don't put a link to the latest version on the web page?

Question 2: I posted about an issue I was having, trying to change the font size for the Bible window. Now when I go into the preferences, I don't see a size option there at all Can the fonts be changed to be bigger? I can't read it without straining my eyes. I need to make the font bigger. Am I just missing it somewhere???
csterg
Site Admin

Re: What Happened to the Font Size Option???

Post by csterg »

PastorDave wrote:I just installed the latest RC2, which I didn't know existed without the forums. :)

Question 1: How come you don't put a link to the latest version on the web page?
There is a new site being built and will be out with the new version any day now. Sorry for the confusion.
Question 2: I posted about an issue I was having, trying to change the font size for the Bible window. Now when I go into the preferences, I don't see a size option there at all Can the fonts be changed to be bigger? I can't read it without straining my eyes. I need to make the font bigger. Am I just missing it somewhere???
There are 2 ways:
1. Hold down the CTRL key and use your mouse wheel over the Bible view to change the font size
2. There is a vertical toolbar on the left part of each Bible view. There, you will found to magnifying-glass icons you can use to change the size.

Costas
PastorDave

What Happened to Strong's?

Post by PastorDave »

In RC2, has the regular Strong's been taken out? The Bible module says that it is the KJV with Strong's, but it doesn't display the Strong's numbers. Instead, it displays a list of other verses after some of the verses.

Wait, I just found the option! :) This should be enabled by default though, no?

But my question still stands. Where is the regular Strong's dictionary? All I see is the "Mickelson Strong's", which is also my only option in the config as well. I have been a user of Strong's in both print and electronic form for almost 30 years and I have never heard of this guy Mickelson and have no idea what he's done with Strongs' work. Does anybody know what the difference is between this one and the regular Strong's module? A web search came up blank. And can we have the regular module back again, please?

P.S.: Ignore my note on font sizes. I did figure out how to change them. But FYI, what a weird way to do it! :)

Thanks! :)
PastorDave

KJV

Post by PastorDave »

Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have two KJV modules, one with Strong's and one without, so that one could just click on them at the top, instead of having to right click and go into Bible View Options, to see, or not see the Strong's numbers?

You could name the files "KJV" and "KJV+".
csterg
Site Admin

Re: KJV

Post by csterg »

PastorDave wrote:Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have two KJV modules, one with Strong's and one without, so that one could just click on them at the top, instead of having to right click and go into Bible View Options, to see, or not see the Strong's numbers?

Well, this is not a good approach and for sure a 'relic' of the popular eSword.
With that approach, you would need another one with the words of Jesus in Red, with/out footnotes, etc and of course all combinations.

On the vertical toolbar of your Bible view, click on the little black arrow on the last button so you can quickly toggle on/off most basic options. You can just press 'S' on your keyboard to switch on/off the strong codes.

Alternatively, you can open 2 different Bible views also and have one with strong's and the other without.

But if you still find it more useful to have 2 modules, then you can just copy it and make a search-and-replace in the .ont file itself to remove all the strong codes. Tell me if you need any help with this approach, it's very simple
Costas
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

csterg wrote:
PastorDave wrote:Btw, wouldn't it be easier to have two KJV modules, one with Strong's and one without, so that one could just click on them at the top, instead of having to right click and go into Bible View Options, to see, or not see the Strong's numbers?

Well, this is not a good approach and for sure a 'relic' of the popular eSword.
With that approach, you would need another one with the words of Jesus in Red, with/out footnotes, etc and of course all combinations.

On the vertical toolbar of your Bible view, click on the little black arrow on the last button so you can quickly toggle on/off most basic options. You can just press 'S' on your keyboard to switch on/off the strong codes.

Alternatively, you can open 2 different Bible views also and have one with strong's and the other without.
Hey, cool! :) Just hit "S" huh? And I find this out after I installed another KJV module. :) But hey, it's easy to get rid of. :)

csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

PastorDave wrote: Hey, cool! :) Just hit "S" huh? And I find this out after I installed another KJV module. :) But hey, it's easy to get rid of. :)
Glad you find it useful!
Don't hesitate to use the forum for any question you may have.
Costas
preahkumpii

Re: What Happened to Strong's?

Post by preahkumpii »

PastorDave wrote:But my question still stands. Where is the regular Strong's dictionary? All I see is the "Mickelson Strong's", which is also my only option in the config as well. I have been a user of Strong's in both print and electronic form for almost 30 years and I have never heard of this guy Mickelson and have no idea what he's done with Strongs' work. Does anybody know what the difference is between this one and the regular Strong's module? A web search came up blank. And can we have the regular module back again, please?
Right-click on the Mickelson/Strong's button in the Book View and select "Module Properties", then at the dialog view the "About" tab. This has all the info for the Mickelson/Strong's Dictionary. Compared to the regular Strong's, Mickelson's update is easier to follow. Don't feel like anything is out. I am sure someone has an older Strong's you can use if Mickelson just isn't want you want after trying it out and reading the "About" info.

Adam
Adam
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

PastorDave wrote:In RC2, has the regular Strong's been taken out? The Bible module says that it is the KJV with Strong's, but it doesn't display the Strong's numbers. Instead, it displays a list of other verses after some of the verses.

Wait, I just found the option! :) This should be enabled by default though, no?
Not sure what you are referring to. What should be enabled by default is a big discussion. TW has so many features that enabling everything by default will confuse (and frighten away) many users.
But my question still stands. Where is the regular Strong's dictionary? All I see is the "Mickelson Strong's", which is also my only option in the config as well. I have been a user of Strong's in both print and electronic form for almost 30 years and I have never heard of this guy Mickelson and have no idea what he's done with Strongs' work. Does anybody know what the difference is between this one and the regular Strong's module? A web search came up blank. And can we have the regular module back again, please?
This is the Strong's dictionary, but there are some years of work behind it to make a proper electronic form out of it, and it's in TW for free. Please, check the module properties -> about tab: you can see there exactly what this is.
It is the good, old Strong dictionary, but properly put in electronic form.
P.S.: Ignore my note on font sizes. I did figure out how to change them. But FYI, what a weird way to do it! :)
What is weird? Not sure what are you referring to.
The CTRL+Mouse wheel method is the common method used throughout the windows OS.
Also, there are the 2 zoom icons with the standard magnifying glasses, also standard in windows.

Costas
PastorDave

Post by PastorDave »

preahkumpii wrote:
PastorDave wrote:But my question still stands. Where is the regular Strong's dictionary? All I see is the "Mickelson Strong's", which is also my only option in the config as well. I have been a user of Strong's in both print and electronic form for almost 30 years and I have never heard of this guy Mickelson and have no idea what he's done with Strongs' work. Does anybody know what the difference is between this one and the regular Strong's module? A web search came up blank. And can we have the regular module back again, please?
Right-click on the Mickelson/Strong's button in the Book View and select "Module Properties", then at the dialog view the "About" tab. This has all the info for the Mickelson/Strong's Dictionary. Compared to the regular Strong's, Mickelson's update is easier to follow. Don't feel like anything is out. I am sure someone has an older Strong's you can use if Mickelson just isn't want you want after trying it out and reading the "About" info.

Adam
Thanks, I'll try that. :)