Bengali language UI, 3 translations, dictionary, etc

For translators. Undertake the job to translate to your language, report translation errors here. Co-ordinate with other working on a translation of the program.
bengali-developer
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Bengali language UI, 3 translations, dictionary, etc

Post by bengali-developer »

Another question for you Costas - I'd like to continue converting in more Bengali book modules (with publisher permission), but I find the SQLite system very confusing, even though I'm quite familiar with computers in general and I'm a graphic designer. Most of the source files for the books are MS Word/Publisher or Adobe, all of which I'm very familiar with. I also am fairly comfortable with converting book data to Excel format. I'm guessing there are many people who are in a similar predicament. I read through your document on module creation and downloaded SQLiteSpy, but it's really hard to do any major modifications in that. The 'TheWord Importer' tool is useful, but since I can't manually make 4,000 separate rtf documents for importing, I had to first create a eSword module converting from Word through Excel to Access, and then convert that TheWord module using the importer.

Specifically, there's two issues I can't figure out:

How to include text formatting (bold, italic, line-breaks) in the content section when creating the module
How to do advanced find & replace operations throughout the module (such as replacing a specific character for line breaks)

Any advice would be much appreciated.
User avatar
JG
Posts: 4338
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 pm

Re: Bengali language UI, 3 translations, dictionary, etc

Post by JG »

bengali-developer wrote:Another question for you Costas - I'd like to continue converting in more Bengali book modules (with publisher permission), but I find the SQLite system very confusing, even though I'm quite familiar with computers in general and I'm a graphic designer. Most of the source files for the books are MS Word/Publisher or Adobe, all of which I'm very familiar with. I also am fairly comfortable with converting book data to Excel format. I'm guessing there are many people who are in a similar predicament. I read through your document on module creation and downloaded SQLiteSpy, but it's really hard to do any major modifications in that. The 'TheWord Importer' tool is useful, but since I can't manually make 4,000 separate rtf documents for importing, I had to first create a eSword module converting from Word through Excel to Access, and then convert that TheWord module using the importer.

Specifically, there's two issues I can't figure out:

How to include text formatting (bold, italic, line-breaks) in the content section when creating the module
How to do advanced find & replace operations throughout the module (such as replacing a specific character for line breaks)

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi,
I have been asked to follow up this.
There is a very good util for making e-Sword modules that can easily be made into theWord modules with the Importer tool.

From http://www.biblesupport.com/

The program is called T4 http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-dow ... p-tool-nt/

Here is the user guide link (though the file does not have all the latest features covered it should get you started)
http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-dow ... ion-21712/

Also for some tweaking of modules there is a good tool. http://www.biblesupport.com/e-sword-dow ... e-regexer/
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Post Reply