1394 crash on save order Bible texts

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
JG

1394 crash on save order Bible texts

Post by JG »

In Preferences -> Bible texts tab, saving the order of Bible texts, and pressing OK causes crash. Have sent report. This is unique to this build.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
TEREX

Re: 1394 crash on save order Bible texts

Post by TEREX »

I have as of yet to have a total crash. For me, pressing the OK button simply does nothing UNTIL i goto the advanced tab and choose Bible, clear then click the check mark.
After that I can press ok and the box closes. I tried to see if I could duplicate it both Win 8 and Win xp but could not.
Possible maybe certain settings in place combined with the issues from the added Choose Bible feature?
JG

Post by JG »

Do you have error reporting turned on in the General tab?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
TEREX

Post by TEREX »

JG wrote:Do you have error reporting turned on in the General tab?
Hi Jon,

I was sure it was checked at one point it was checked but after reading your post i double checked it and it wasn't. I did check it and as soon as I clicked the OK in the preference window there was an error. It didn't however crash the program itself, the OK button just had no effect until i went back to the advanced tab and choose bible, clicked check mark. After that i clicked ok and the preference window closed normally.

Thanks again for tip to make sure this was checked. :)
Still wondering how some of the settings was changed...
JG

Post by JG »

ok. It is often overlooked to have that feature checked. After all these builds are for beta testing and we need to know what has happened, so do always send the info through this feature.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
TEREX

Post by TEREX »

JG wrote:In Preferences -> Bible texts tab, saving the order of Bible texts, and pressing OK causes crash. Have sent report. This is unique to this build.
Hi Jon,

yes you are correct i got the same thing and sent the error reports.

As far as the Ref popup not displaying all bibles checked in the Preferences-->Advance Tab, Choose Bible:

What i did below works, seems its not a random thing (at least for me) after doing this:

1. In Preferences-->Bible Texts i re arranged them all in alphabetical order.
2. I then went to the Advance Tab-->Choose Bible--> select all and then saved.
3. Went back to the Preference-->Bible Text tab and UNCHECKED all that did not appear in the ref popup. This matched the ONLY ones out of all of my versions that seemed to appear in the popup.
4. After that what was left was approx 16 versions. I can now check any number of those versions and they come up fine in the ref popup.

After putting them all in alphabetical order in the Bible Text tab and selecting the versions that showed up in ref pop it works. I have several versions but it seems for me those 16 are all that want to appear in the popup. I can select, deselect, load set and it all works fine WITH just those 16 versions that are now checked in the Bible Text tab.

I duplicated this on my Windows XP machine as well as the Windows 8 machine. I know everyone has different versions ect.. but by following what i did above in theory it would work. Just wondering what the issue is that would cause all the other versions to be basically ignored in the Advance Tab-->Choose Bible, even though they were checked
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Everything should be fixed in b1395