.1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: .1394 Reference popups not saving or working correctly

Post by csterg »

I added an option to display the additional translations when SHIFT is pressed. This is not a switchable feature, it just toggles the extra translations each time (I think its better like that).
Costas
therapon

Post by therapon »

Does this feature disable Shift-Hover to display the active version instead of the default version? That would be a bummer if it does!

therapon
JG

Post by JG »

That feature is controlled by the Ctrl or Alt key. The option is just above the new feature settings.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

Duh, sorry. My bad. I am getting some strange results with the additional translations - which ones actually appear in the popup seems to depend on which translation is set as the default. And, here's another one: if I select the default version, the active version, and one other under Choose Bibles, only 2 of the three appear in the popup. The default and the 3rd one, the active and 3rd one when Ctrl is pressed.

therapon
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:I added an option to display the additional translations when SHIFT is pressed. This is not a switchable feature, it just toggles the extra translations each time (I think its better like that).
Costas

I find in use it gets in the way in that it conflicts with Shift key keeping the popup open. Can we try a toggle key in the next build?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
TEREX

Post by TEREX »

Still getting some weird behavior from the ref popup.

Only certain versions of the installed Bible modules will display. I first selected all of the Bible versions in the Advance Tab-->Choose Bible and made note of the ones that did not appear in the ref popup. I then went back and I deselected all of the versions in the Preference-->Bible Text tab that wasn't showing when using the ref popup. I ended up with 19 versions.
Now when i use the Choose Bible feature i can select any or all of those 19 and they show fine. Seems that some for some reason are just being ignored or something. I also re arranged the versions in the Bible Text tab back to alphabetical order.

I am using the latest beta build at this time .1396
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

therapon wrote:Duh, sorry. My bad. I am getting some strange results with the additional translations - which ones actually appear in the popup seems to depend on which translation is set as the default. And, here's another one: if I select the default version, the active version, and one other under Choose Bibles, only 2 of the three appear in the popup. The default and the 3rd one, the active and 3rd one when Ctrl is pressed.

therapon
Translations that do NOT contains the specific verse are eliminated (e.g. only their header is displayed). So, if you have a NT only translation and you see an OT verse, this can happen. Is that the case? Can you confirm please?
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote:
csterg wrote:I added an option to display the additional translations when SHIFT is pressed. This is not a switchable feature, it just toggles the extra translations each time (I think its better like that).
Costas

I find in use it gets in the way in that it conflicts with Shift key keeping the popup open. Can we try a toggle key in the next build?
Jon,
I don't like a toggle. I can try to use CTRL for the default/active and ALT for this one. But i like that it can be used like that. To be honest i don't see SHIFT getting in the way too much, but i can surely use CTRL and ALT instead.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

TEREX wrote:Still getting some weird behavior from the ref popup.

Only certain versions of the installed Bible modules will display. I first selected all of the Bible versions in the Advance Tab-->Choose Bible and made note of the ones that did not appear in the ref popup. I then went back and I deselected all of the versions in the Preference-->Bible Text tab that wasn't showing when using the ref popup. I ended up with 19 versions.
Now when i use the Choose Bible feature i can select any or all of those 19 and they show fine. Seems that some for some reason are just being ignored or something. I also re arranged the versions in the Bible Text tab back to alphabetical order.

I am using the latest beta build at this time .1396
Can you give me a name of a Bible that does not appear please?
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
JG wrote:
Costas

Jon,
I don't like a toggle. I can try to use CTRL for the default/active and ALT for this one. But i like that it can be used like that. To be honest i don't see SHIFT getting in the way too much, but i can surely use CTRL and ALT instead.
I think there is a good case for a fixed toggle of the feature, then it is much like the SHIFT+S and SHIFT+M to hide and reveal the Strong's/Morph. CTRL and ALT would certainly conflict with a setting that is available in Cross-references.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

Hi Costas,
I have a couple of Bibles which I developed myself. They refused to pop up using beta 1396 even though they were selected in the preferences tab. I checked them against Bibles that do appear in the pop-up and discovered that the only difference was that I did not have an "id=" statement in the Bible module. As soon as I include an "id=" statement, that Bible will also pop up.

Regards,
Willem
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

WJSwanepoel wrote:Hi Costas,
I have a couple of Bibles which I developed myself. They refused to pop up using beta 1396 even though they were selected in the preferences tab. I checked them against Bibles that do appear in the pop-up and discovered that the only difference was that I did not have an "id=" statement in the Bible module. As soon as I include an "id=" statement, that Bible will also pop up.

Regards,
Willem
Great feedback, I will check it.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I tried it but could not repeat. I tried with spaces, comma and unicode chars in the filename and it still works.
Can you try to find out what else might be wrong there?
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

JG wrote: CTRL and ALT would certainly conflict with a setting that is available in Cross-references.
Which one? The CTRL/ALT is already used for toggling the active/default. Instead of offering both options, i will leave one (e.g. the CTRL) to switch between the active/default and use the other (e.g. the ALT) to switch between one/multiple
Costas
JG

Post by JG »

csterg wrote:
JG wrote: CTRL and ALT would certainly conflict with a setting that is available in Cross-references.
Which one? The CTRL/ALT is already used for toggling the active/default. Instead of offering both options, i will leave one (e.g. the CTRL) to switch between the active/default and use the other (e.g. the ALT) to switch between one/multiple
Costas

I see problems in doing that. If user has chosen to only show popups to xref when ctrl is pressed, they would need to use the Alt key.

So it will have to be as you have it now, using the dialog to turn the feature on and off, and the Shift key as an optional toggle.

Thanks for considering it. Lets move on.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software