1414 - Where is Format Painter tool / icon?

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
delaing

1414 - Where is Format Painter tool / icon?

Post by delaing »

I've searched the forum and did not find. Seems others are already using it.
However, I cannot find the FP icon.
Just downloaded 1414, saw the changelog note on the addition, but I cannot seem to find the icon.
format bar1.png
format bar1.png (27.13 KiB) Viewed 3856 times
Right in front of my face?

Thanks,
Delain
Thank you,
Delain
JG

Re: 1414 - Where is Format Painter tool / icon?

Post by JG »

The module in the bookview must be user editable.
The format icon is in the top bar of the main program with the other formatting icons.
If your view is floating, then the format toolbar will appear in that view when it is selected.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
delaing

Post by delaing »

Interesting!
I am apparently forgetting a basic with TW functionality. I can highlight, change color of text, underline, and bold text, and even change the alignment of the paragraph in a non-user module.
But, the FP cannot be used to copy those formats to other areas in that same non-user module?

As a test, I did change the module I was using to 'user' and now I see the FP tool.

Thank you for your help.
Thank you,
Delain
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The main reason is that highlighting in Book view only allows specific formatting options. If the formatting tool would be available in non-user mode then more formatting options could be copied.
Costas