1439 In/Max buttons

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
DarrelW

1439 In/Max buttons

Post by DarrelW »

Costas, I really like the local min/max buttons in the left/right panels. Can you also make them active in views on the bottom panel(s)? I run a Bible view and two book views on the bottom of the display and the min/max buttons do not work there. You do awesome work my friend!

Darrel
JG

Re: 1439 In/Max buttons

Post by JG »

Darrel,
if you look here at the bottom there is a diagram that shows why it will not work in the bottom/top area. There is only one level for the containing panel. So left/right and centre work ok.

http://www.theword.net/manual/views.htm
2015-01-31 20 28 29.png
2015-01-31 20 28 29.png (43.47 KiB) Viewed 5889 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
Yea, that's kind of what I thought also when looking at it. It means I will have to really look at how I currently structure things! It's a beautiful feature. Thanks for the reply.

Darrel
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Well, I reworked my exegesis layout and it works nicely with the new min/max buttons! So I can be a happy camper! :P

Darrel
Attachments
New layout.png
New layout.png (1.34 MiB) Viewed 5884 times
Rich

Post by Rich »

Costas,
I have been using 1390 and you have really improved this feature in 1439. It is a great space saver. I am running two monitors with floating views on the second monitor and the ability to "stack" (I thing that is the proper term) the views in the main program gives access to a lot more information. I also noticed that you can hide the buttons if you want to. I/We need this feature in the next official release :D

Thanks for all you are doing. God is certainly blessing us through you and we ask God's continued blessings upon you.

Rich
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Actually this it not a new function, but the good-old one of 1390 that I decided to include in the upcoming version.
As many have understood I am in the process of 'wrapping up' existing issues for the next release.
Costas
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

I'm not sure in which version the "problem" (or maybe it was an intentional change) started occuring, but I really like the fact that when I hit F3 to do a Bible search in the offical release (I use a floating window), the content of the search field was automatically highlighted. So I simply had to type in my new search content and hit enter. Now, the previous content is not highlighted (at least not in floating windows), and I was wondering if that was intentional.

The other "new" problem is with how the Verse Jump window (F4) works. i use that almost exclusively to get around because it's so fast, and I like keyboard shortcuts.

I often switch back and forth between chinese input method and english. In the official module, if I hit F4 and started typing while still in Chinese input mode, (for example "gen"), as long as I hit enter, the English text would appear in the F4 window, instead of Chinese, and then I would put the chapter and verse after that (In other words, i could still do an F4 Verse Jump without reverted back to English input mode). But in the Beta versions, when I hit enter (as in the above example), the F4 window is deselected, and the Bible jumps to whatever verse was originally in the F4 window. I'm just curious why this is happening and wondering if it's possible to "fix" it so that it performs like the official module (I know you are getting ready for another release, and was hoping maybe these two issues could be resolved, if it's convenient)

I really do love your program and use it so much that these two little issues are a bit of an inconvenience, however I understand that your time is precious, and if it's too trivial to worry about, I understand.

Thanks for all your work and labor of love!

Keyuhui

I hope you don't
JG

Post by JG »

So, I can confirm that if you close a floating F3 search window and open a new one that the focus does not select the content. Is this what you mean Chris. I tried with a permanently visible floating window and it did always select the content for me.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

yes, that's the problem. The focus doesn't select the content when I open a new search window with F3.

I checked again with the official release and 1439, and the problem is still occuring.

(see screenshots)
Attachments
before hitting F3 in beta 1439
before hitting F3 in beta 1439
popup-1439-before.jpg (257.01 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
after hitting F3 in beta 1439
after hitting F3 in beta 1439
popup-1439-after.jpg (142.01 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

here are the screen shots from the official release
Attachments
before hitting F3 in the offical release
before hitting F3 in the offical release
popup-official-before.jpg (273.67 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
after hitting F3 in the offical release
after hitting F3 in the offical release
popup-official-after.jpg (140.45 KiB) Viewed 5791 times
JG

Post by JG »

OK thanks for confirming. I just need it clear for Costas to quickly get the facts.

@Costas, so a floating Bible search view that is spawned by pressing the F3 key no longer selects the content in the search bar as it does in the current release version.
As to the new min/max/restore within a stacked panel, it does not always work as would be expected, but I know you have not got all the bugs from that and perhaps it will have to go as is.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software