Dropdown arrow at the left top corner of each view is gone

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
bruno96lopes

Dropdown arrow at the left top corner of each view is gone

Post by bruno96lopes »

Hi. I decided to download the beta version to see the new stuff, and one of the first things I noticed was that the arrow icon at the top left corner of each view is gone, but it still works.

Here's a screenshot:

And these are the ones in the stable versions (all together):
Attachments
1.PNG
1.PNG (1.53 KiB) Viewed 6957 times
Last edited by bruno96lopes on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Dropdown arrow at the left top corner of each view is go

Post by csterg »

Interesting: the colored icons were indeed removed, yet you should be seeing the classis black down-facing icon.
Can you do me a favor? Delete your config.ini (actually copy it somewhere else so you can restore it later) and start again theWord in order to use default settings. Let me know if you still cannot see these icons.
Costas
bruno96lopes

Post by bruno96lopes »

csterg wrote:Delete your config.ini and start again theWord in order to use default settings. Let me know if you still cannot see these icons.
So... I renamed the config.ini, and started theWord. All settings turned to the default, however the icons kept untouched, and are still missing.
Last edited by bruno96lopes on Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm missing those buttons also (recently posted a screenshot here: viewtopic.php?p=33604#p33604). I don't remember when I last saw them, I hadn't noticed. But I can still click where a button is supposed to be and call up the menu, so it still appears to be functional even though invisible.

Just tried prior betas. Icons seem to show up through 1438 (including 1390, when the max/min buttons were temporarily added), and stop with 1439.

(Win7 32)
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I concur - the down-arrows are not showing (I'm running 1442 under Linux Mint 17.1). The functions are still there when you left-click where the arrow should be.

Darrel
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

OK, i need to try a bit more to make this happen, i am sure i will since so many have this issue. Thanks, will get back
toconvertvid

Post by toconvertvid »

I never noticed it, but I'm missing the down arrows also.
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

fixed in upcoming build.
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

Great work, Costas! I too had noticed the dropdown arrows disappeared a few builds ago, but wasn't worried since the function was still available.

A curious note, though. I had been using build 1439 (with no dropdown arrows) until I installed the latest build (1443). When I did, I noticed that the dropdown arrows are now visible in both builds (1439 and 1443). Not sure why that happened, but both are installed in the same folder.

One other quick point...not sure if it was intentional or not, but the font size of the module tabs in all windows (bible and book views) is larger than previously. It's not a big deal, and is a little easier on the eyes, but I was wondering if it's possible to change the font size, so that I can fit everything in the windows better.

(See screen captures)
module-font-size1439.jpg
module-font-size1439.jpg (665.77 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
module-font-size1443.jpg
module-font-size1443.jpg (676.16 KiB) Viewed 6880 times
Thanks so much for your hard work and labor of love! What you have done and are doing for the Lord is appreciated more than you know!!! God bless you, brother!

Keyuhui
JG

Post by JG »

Good point. I thought my eyesight had improved after the power-cut we just had.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

anyone figure out how to adjust the font sizes for the Bible/book view module tabs?

I thought maybe in config.ini, but haven't found anything that looks like what I'm looking for there...

Chris
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

The change was this:
the tabs now follow the menu font size. You can set this by setting the windows-wide menu-size font setting.
Before this change, the tabs did not follow this setting.
Costas
keyuhui

Post by keyuhui »

Cool...thanks for solving that mystery!

Chris

By the way, for other fellow Windows 7 users out there, the windows wide menu size settings are carefully hidden by Bill Gates in the display settings :x . I guess XP was too straightforward. :?

Anyway the settings can be changed by

1) Right clicking on the desktop, and selecting Personalize.
2) Then click on Window Color (where else would you expect to find font size settings? :) )
3) From there, choose Advanced Appearance Settings (I guess font size is considered to be an advanced color :D )
4) Under Advanced Settings, select Menu from the Item tab,
5) Then selected the desired font size (the Size dropdown box to the right of the Font dropdown box)

Easy right? Hope this is helpful to someone....
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

I had to google this myself in Win8 :)