TW won't maximize to full screen size (Linux Mint 17.1)

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
WJSwanepoel

TW won't maximize to full screen size (Linux Mint 17.1)

Post by WJSwanepoel »

Good day,
I assisted a friend with a Linux Mint 17.1 (Rebecca) installation and installed theWord for him under WINE. It works fine except for one small problem. When theWord opens, it uses only about half of the screen and puts itself in the top left-hand corner. Clicking the Maximize/Restore button on the screen shows no reaction. However, when you minimize theWord and open it again, it uses the full screen.

Has anyone experienced this, and is there a solution to the problem?

Regards,
Willem
JG

Re: TW won't maximize to full screen size (Linux Mint 17.1)

Post by JG »

Hi Willem,
I think that there is a problem with skinned windows borders, so you need to turn it off from the view menu -> Skin ->"Use skinned window border"
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

That should work fine. I've been running TW on Linux Mint 17.1 ever since Mint 17 came out, and have just recently switched to Ubuntu Studio 14.04 and it runs fine there. I run TW full screen on one monitor and a floating book view full screen on a second monitor.

Darrel
WJSwanepoel

Post by WJSwanepoel »

Thanks Jon, that did the trick!