missing bookview button - to maximize within a pane

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
kenfhill84083

missing bookview button - to maximize within a pane

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I had to reformat my hard drive. I reinstalled the stable version but I also put a copy of the latest beta exe in theWord's program folder.

Before the reformat I used to use a button in book view to maximize a view to the pane it was in -- not maximize the view to take up the whole TW window. Now I don't see that button.

The button used to be in the upper right, next to the "maximize/restore" button.

I used it a lot and really miss it.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can get that button back? <edit: using windows 10>

Thanks.
Jeff

Re: missing bookview button - to maximize within a pane

Post by Jeff »

kenfhill84083 wrote:I had to reformat my hard drive. I reinstalled the stable version but I also put a copy of the latest beta exe in theWord's program folder.

Before the reformat I used to use a button in book view to maximize a view to the pane it was in -- not maximize the view to take up the whole TW window. Now I don't see that button.

The button used to be in the upper right, next to the "maximize/restore" button.

I used it a lot and really miss it.

Any ideas what's going on and how I can get that button back? <edit: using windows 10>

Thanks.
I think the first thing I would check: On the title bar of the view, to the left of the title, is a little arrow (triangle pointed down), click on it and make sure "Show local minimize/maximize buttons" is selected.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
kenfhill84083

Re: missing bookview button - to maximize within a pane

Post by kenfhill84083 »

I think the first thing I would check: On the title bar of the view, to the left of the title, is a little arrow (triangle pointed down), click on it and make sure "Show local minimize/maximize buttons" is selected.
Jeff, Thanks. That did the trick and so simple. You made my day.