Android Oss?

Questions concerning theWord running in emulators under linux or other platforms
yasen4

Android Oss?

Post by yasen4 »

Hello Costas.
hello everyone.
Is ther a android os to use it for my samsung tabled which is operating on android.
Thanks
csterg
Site Admin

Re: Android Oss?

Post by csterg »

Sorry, there is no Anrdoid version
Costas
yasen4

Post by yasen4 »

Will be very usefull considering the milions of people over the world using android (tablets, diveses)
So haw can i put on my tablet as i am using it as my personal computer?
JG

Post by JG »

This software is available http://www.mysword.info

Many theWord files have been converted to this format.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Sujith JP

Post by Sujith JP »

I wish there was a nokia symbian bible software other than Bible reader..
Emet

Post by Emet »

JG wrote:This software is available http://www.mysword.info

Many theWord files have been converted to this format.
Russian...
Много модулей для MySword на английском языке, а мне нужно , например, на русском... модулей на русском языке для MySword почти нет, а для theWord таких много...
например, взял один русский модуль, который мне нужен, и захотел его конвертировать для MySword... модуль в theWord весит всего 300 мб в сжатом виде... для того, чтобы сконвертировать в модуль для MySword, нужно его распаковать... распаковал и получил модуль размером в 3 гб... конвертирую его в модуль для MySword и получаю модуль размером в 6 гб... а этот модуль мне очень нужен, ибо в электронном виде он существует только как модуль для theWord... нужна именно версия под Андроид, которая бы поддерживала бы модули theWord без их конвертирования и в сжатом виде для экономия места в планшете... очень надеюсь на выход такой версии... Спасибо...

English (Google)...
A lot of modules for MySword in English, and I need to, for example, Russian ... modules in Russian for MySword almost there, but for a lot of theWord ...
for example, took a Russian module that I need and want to convert it to MySword ... theWord module weighs only 300 mb in compressed form ... forto convert it into a module for MySword, you need to unpack ... unpacked and got a unit the size of a 3 GB ... Convert it into a module for MySword and get the module size of 6 GB ... and this module is very necessary to me, because in an electronic form, it exists only as a module for theWord ... need is a version for Android,which would be supported modules theWord without converting them in compressed form to save space in the tablet ... hope very much out of this version ... Thank you ....
ich_bins_raphi

Post by ich_bins_raphi »

Soon Ubuntu Touch shall be released. Then it would be possible to use it on smartphones and tablets too.
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Actually, I saw something about running linux on your Android phone *The program is named Linux Deploy*, so if one can install linux one could probable install wine as well and thereby run mySword but it would take some effort and not sure how usable it would actually be. In any case I have to much on my head already, of cause it could be fun trying to run Linux on your phone but - I'm not sure what I would use it for and again, already so many other things to do.

It's probable just better to install https://www.mysword.info/ on your android phone - great application though I don't like there idea of so called donating to get features - that's not donating but paying for something. Now you can live without those extra features and use the program for free and still be very very usable - I think I had it 1-2 years or something before upgrading so I could do deeper searches and get more then 100 hits. But I very much used it - most likely the most used application on my phone, well, maybe the Browser actually is but beside that.

But agreed it would be nice if theWord was on Android so you had the same search commands and so forth. But I'm just happy that myWord can run in Linux from my Windows install AND mySword is PORTABLE and free. What not to love! ;)
Besides maybe having the code in public domain with a Gnu license so the project never dies out - if something should happen to Costas. Would be nice as a safeguard to at least have its code published for others to continue his work in the case that a Jesuit get to him.
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

I used to use TW, then I wanted a native Linux Bible program so I switched to Bible Analyzer for quite some time, along with running MySword on my tablet. But my passion is going deeper in the original languages, and even though Tim produced some great tools the thrust just wasn't there.

So long story short, I revisited TW in Wine on Linux, reviewed my modules (which I have a HUGE number of modules) and shaved the list down until I found the "sweet spot". Now I have TW actually starting faster than native Linux Bible Analyzer. The only challenge I have is moving back from HTML data structures to TW's structure, and I am not as adept in that as I was with HTML. Thankfully Jon helps me, and my skills will get better in TW. I love to produce/convert modules.

I'm a "happy camper" again!

Darrel
DarkiYahu

Post by DarkiYahu »

Another program for Android is "And Bible" - it has the whole collection of Josephus for free without advertising!
It seems to run very smooth but mostly iv Just used it for Josephus and the standard use it MySword Bible on Android.

Beside it also has the Apocrypha for reading, sadly no concordance - and a lot of other free stuff.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... vity&hl=en

And there website:
http://mjdenham.github.io/and-bible/