Beta 1490

Discuss the beta released of theWord. Submit bugs and ideas concerning the beta releases.
jonathangkoehn

Beta 1490

Post by jonathangkoehn »

I like that we can now add to the custom dictionary!
It seems to be working with my English and Spanish dictionaries!

The check box for ignoring words with numbers work great on automatic spell check.
However when one spell checks directly these words are checked is this intentional?

This is a very nice addition to theWORD.

Also I've attached the Spanish (Español) dictionary I have been using.
Español.zip
(254.59 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
I did notice that words which have punctuation at the start like ¿Reconozco show up as wrong. I wonder if it is the punctuation that precedes the word or if it is the Spanish dictionary any ideas?
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Re: Beta 1490

Post by DarrelW »

When I opened the changelog I do not see an entry for beta 1490. Am I missing something?

Darrel
JG

Post by JG »

It just has three dots for the 1490 version. It was going to be an overwrite of the 1489 file, but then became a new build....

Just as a side note. The latest hunspelldll.dll has not been updated in the program resources. Costas gave me it in an email. I post it here. It was supposed to prevent Compact installation crashing on start, but it does not work for me. If someone can test a compact installation and make sure that error reporting is turned on in preference (and display popup) it would be helpful.

Here is the file. It should go in the cache folder.
hunspelldll.zip
(150.75 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

JG wrote:Just as a side note. The latest hunspelldll.dll has not been updated in the program resources. Costas gave me it in an email. I post it here. It was supposed to prevent Compact installation crashing on start, but it does not work for me. If someone can test a compact installation and make sure that error reporting is turned on in preference (and display popup) it would be helpful.

Here is the file. It should go in the cache folder.
hunspelldll.zip
Hi Jon,

I don't experience a crash with either the old or new hunspelldll.dll running in compact mode on Linux through Wine.
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Same here no crash for me in compact mode on the old one.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
Thanks for clarification on changelog.

My response is the same as Jeff's. I run TW as compact in wine on Linux Mint 19 and have never crashed.
JG

Post by JG »

Can you each double check you have both these checked, otherwise you get a silent crash.
I tried Linux Mint with a compact usb install, (so this is all files in one folder and has a file called "compact" in that folder root), and I got the crash report...
Why am I unique in this? What spell checking dictionaries are you all using? Can you post some.
Prefs 2018-11-08 215707.jpg
Prefs 2018-11-08 215707.jpg (66.6 KiB) Viewed 6431 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hi Jon,
I have both turned on, am using en_US.dic, and can shutdown and restart with no crashes. I am running TW on Linux Mint 19, the latest version of wine, and I have both LM and TW running in an SSD. LM starts in 5 seconds and TW starts in about 6 seconds.

Are you running Linux natively or in a VirtualBox? I have used Ubuntu Mate, Peppermint and LM and TW has performed admirably in all three.

Darrel
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

JG wrote:Can you each double check you have both these checked, otherwise you get a silent crash.
I tried Linux Mint with a compact usb install, (so this is all files in one folder and has a file called "compact" in that folder root), and I got the crash report...
Why am I unique in this? What spell checking dictionaries are you all using? Can you post some.[/attachment]
Hi Jon,

I also have had those checked per your instructions in the post that I downloaded and installed the new hunspelldll from. I didn't have them checked before I changed the hunspelldll, but I have saved the old .dll and can go back and try it if you think it would help. I've restarted TW a few times and, Like Darrel, haven't noted any crashes.

I have "en_US.aff" and "en_US.dic" in my dictionary folder.

I am running MX Linux 17.1 natively, no other OS installed at all.

I run theWord executable, with all associated modules and all, installed in one parent folder (with sub-folders for Bibles, Books, etc.) on my computer hard disk (actually an SSD). The "about">"file locations" verifies I'm "running in compact mode".
Jeff

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Jeff wrote: I also have had those checked per your instructions in the post that I downloaded and installed the new hunspelldll from. I didn't have them checked before I changed the hunspelldll, but I have saved the old .dll and can go back and try it if you think it would help.
I have tried it with both the new and old hunspelldll.dll and the error reporting options checked. No crash noted or reported. I'll leave the reporting options enabled just in case.
Jeff

JG

Post by JG »

OK thanks all for your help.
I had some problem with no module in a view... I am not getting errors now with build 1491
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi all,
thanks for the feedback. I reuploaded 1491 with the new hunspelldll.dll included in the 7z file,
Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

jonathangkoehn wrote: The check box for ignoring words with numbers work great on automatic spell check.
However when one spell checks directly these words are checked is this intentional?
Fixed in 1492 ('ignore links' is ignored, cannot fix this)

Costas
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

jonathangkoehn wrote: I did notice that words which have punctuation at the start like ¿Reconozco show up as wrong. I wonder if it is the punctuation that precedes the word or if it is the Spanish dictionary any ideas?
Works for me. Get latest beta that has latest hunspelldll.dll
Costas
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Hey Costas,
When I open the 1492 beta it does not have anything in it. Did I miss something?

Darrel