How to stop switching between

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
JEM

How to stop switching between

Post by JEM »

Hi,

Is there any way to stop the focus goes every time to the List view when sending a verse to a List? Any toggle switch?

Thank you.
In Christ with His love,

JEM

And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love. (I Cor 13:13 [AMP])
For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: (Phil 3:20 [KJV])
JG

Post by JG »

I don't think there is a way to stop the switching ( I could be wrong).
I would suggest opening another Bible window and make at "always floating" and send the verses to that.
Jon
ErikJon

Re: How to stop switching between

Post by ErikJon »

Yes, that switching has ALWAYS been an irritation to me, too. Sorry.
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

At some point 3.0.7 an option was added to change this behaviour.

jump.to.verse.list.on.add=0

Default is 1 (true). Set to 0 if you don't want the Bible view to change to List when you add a verse to the current list (using CTRL+L, the menu, etc)

Just need to add it to the config.ini under the [General] section

This info is in the help manual under the section of 'working directly with the config.ini'
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
JG

Post by JG »

This setting does not appear to be effective in dnd from the search results. Probably a good thing.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

Thanks. Nice trick! I did not know that one.

I would say that the solution you offer is a tiny bit complicated for the average user who knows nothing about programming, config.ini files, etc. In the long run, I would suggest adding it to the preferences, wouldn't you agree?
I'm an Independent Baptist running TheWord portable v 5.0.0.1481 from an external 500GB hard drive with over 1,900 modules installed and loaded in my current module set. I'm using 32-bit Vista Ultimate SP1 with a 2.7gHz processor and 4GB RAM.
JG

Post by JG »

This is true of all the 'working directly with the config.ini options', however it is not been possible with Costas limited time resource to do this.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
ErikJon

Post by ErikJon »

I see. I can certainly sympathize.

In fact, I never read through that chapter from the "help file," as I assumed that it was oriented more toward developers and programmers, or else toward functions that only more daring users would be interested in.

(You know how it is, whenever we are taught a hack that involves modifying the system registry; we always get a warning to back up the registry, and to be extremely careful, and so on, to the point that most of us just get scared off and don't even try the hack after all.)

So, regarding the chapter on Advanced Functions, I didn't know that it was a list of work-arounds and future improvements in progress for users that did not want to wait for them to be integrated into the GUI; otherwise I would have looked into it myself.

Maybe that section should be re-vamped to sound a little more user friendly. It could be re-named "Additional customizing options," (rather than "advanced functions"). That new title sounds more inviting and less venturesome.

The chapter could also include an introductory paragraph that said something like this:

"TheWord has even more useful features that will eventually be integrated into the menus or other visual aspects of the interface. For the time being, they can be easily enabled manually. In other words, instead of choosing your preferences using buttons and check-boxes, you simply type them into a little document called the "config.ini" file, located inside the main TheWord folder. In the next section you will learn how."
christianboy

Post by christianboy »

JG wrote:At some point 3.0.7 an option was added to change this behaviour.

jump.to.verse.list.on.add=0

Default is 1 (true). Set to 0 if you don't want the Bible view to change to List when you add a verse to the current list (using CTRL+L, the menu, etc)

Just need to add it to the config.ini under the [General] section

This info is in the help manual under the section of 'working directly with the config.ini'
It worked! God Bless you.