Font Size difference between Bible Versions

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
deeBibletheWord7

Font Size difference between Bible Versions

Post by deeBibletheWord7 »

This is more of a "heads up" if you will or just an experience I have had with theWord with regards
to the different font sizes in each Bible version that one uses.

As we know, there is a global setting in either increasing the fonts or decreasing the font size in each
module with the plus (+) and minus (-) symbols. And the same applies for each Bible version.

However, after using the KJV for awhile at a customized, specified font size (for my viewing purposes),
I found that the other versions I had activated where too large and much different in size than my
original King James Version (KJV).

Nonetheless, after resizing both + and -, I found that there was no clear way of changing the font size
for that particular Bible version only. So what I did was hid the Bible versions except for the KJV from
the Bible View so that only the KJV would show. I then added other Bible versions from theWord website
online and in this case chose the Wycliff Bible and the Spanish Bible. After having them automatically
install, I shutdown theWord and then restarted it again and all KJV, Wycliffe and Spanish Bibles
were all the same font size as the original KJV.

So I would think that if these other modules that I had trouble with regarding different font sizes were
re-downloaded and then installed again, this problem with a difference in font size between
Bible versions can be eliminated by doing just that, re-installing the Bible versions from theWord website
so that they can re-install on the computer and conform to the global font size one has already chosen.

There might be another solution to this same issue, but so far I have not found one.

I hope this helps those others who might have run into this same problem.

Otherwise, theWord is frankly by far, the best Bible software program out there and should not be
changed but continually improved upon.
Last edited by deeBibletheWord7 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JG

Re: Font Size difference between Bible Versions

Post by JG »

+ and - is just for scaling the view.
You can set the font size for each Bible in Preferences -> Bible texts tab from the main File menu.

http://www.theword.net/manual/show_hide_bible_texts.htm
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
deeBibletheWord7

Re: Font Size difference between Bible Versions

Post by deeBibletheWord7 »

Dear JG:

You are so right!

Since I am new with theWord, I am still getting to know all of its features
and menu options with regards to the Bible view, Book view, and other related
modules.

I am glad you posted this reply so that other users can obtain better results
faster than my previous suggestion. I went to the menu you mentioned in your
post and saw how easy it was to change the font size for each individual bible
version, so many thanks.

I hope your solution will help many others as well if they run across this issue
I did with the font sizes and different versions.

Thank you once again for the post and I will continue to try to learn this program
as much I can since I feel it is worth the time in that it is by far one of the best
bible software programs out there.

Sincerely,
Dwight