New Topic Export

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
malayangbiblia

Re: Feature Request: Subtopic Level No. equals No. of Tab ch

Post by malayangbiblia »

csterg wrote:
malayangbiblia wrote:If its feasible that during export, TheWord converts the Topic Tree's subtopic level number to the number of tabs character in the exported document. It might be helpful for modules with multi-level tree/subtopics. The reason is that I find it easier to arrange the topics using the topic tree than to do it in the editor/word processor and to help make formatting/publishing huge books a lot easier.
I think you can do that yourself in MSWord since the topics are headings.
The Navigation section of MS Word replicates the tree-view although the actual topics on the pages themselves are not physically indented/tabbed. I can see how I can manipulate the headings in MS Word to align with their corresponding outline levels, but my point is if this Export feature can do this tedious work for me which will save a lot of hours in editing work if we are talking about publishing a whole book.
Edmund
JG

Re: New Topic Export

Post by JG »

Please can you clarify. It might assist us if you can post the module, and we can export and see what is lacking.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
malayangbiblia

Re: Feature Request: Subtopic Level No. equals No. of Tab ch

Post by malayangbiblia »

malayangbiblia wrote:
csterg wrote:
malayangbiblia wrote:If its feasible that during export, TheWord converts the Topic Tree's subtopic level number to the number of tabs character in the exported document. It might be helpful for modules with multi-level tree/subtopics. The reason is that I find it easier to arrange the topics using the topic tree than to do it in the editor/word processor and to help make formatting/publishing huge books a lot easier.
I think you can do that yourself in MSWord since the topics are headings.
The Navigation section of MS Word replicates the tree-view although the actual topics on the pages themselves are not physically indented/tabbed. I can see how I can manipulate the headings in MS Word to align with their corresponding outline levels, but my point is if this Export feature can do this tedious work for me which will save a lot of hours in editing work if we are talking about publishing a whole book.
I put an example from the Church Fathers module although I have a module that I won't show yet which is similar in terms of the multi-level tree topic setup.

As you can see, the tree topic from the module is replicated in the MS Word Navigation Pane but on the page itself, the outline levels (of indentations) are not the same. No matter how much level there is on the tree/navigation, it always shows up with no indentation in the MS Word document. Technically, there is no TAB character/s where its needed so readers can know if a topic/subject is under another subject or not.
Attachments
No multi level.jpg
No multi level.jpg (156.62 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
Tree duplicate.jpg
Tree duplicate.jpg (62.3 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
Edmund
JG

Post by JG »

In a Word document the Navigation pane follows along as a paragraph is clicked so a person knows where they are.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

JG wrote:In a Word document the Navigation pane follows along as a paragraph is clicked so a person knows where they are.
That is fine on a PC, but what happens when you print the pages? Just like when you print sermon notes.
Edmund
JG

Post by JG »

what do you see in a printed book?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
malayangbiblia

Post by malayangbiblia »

JG wrote:what do you see in a printed book?
Here's an example that I wish to see when I export a multi-level topic tree from theWord. This is one of my topical books taken from the book of Proverbs.
Attachments
MS Word multi level.jpg
MS Word multi level.jpg (136.48 KiB) Viewed 3196 times
Edmund
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Perhaps if each topic level was brought in as a different heading level in MS Word. (The seem to be under normal for now) Such as Heading Level 1, Heading Level 2, etc. then one can format the document to their desire by changing the MS Word heading style. If one wants indented or not, etc.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

This makes sense for sermon notes (I do this also). But when you print a book the length of the pages printed will increase as the indents increase.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2