feature request: deep referencing

Ideas and suggestions about new features
cvmocanu

feature request: deep referencing

Post by cvmocanu »

Hello Costas,

First, let me thank you for TheWord.
It's a wonderful Bible study application, and I'm using it all the time.

Thank you also for keeping it compatible with Wine (I'm using it on Linux).

I was looking at the features of SwordSearcher, and one that looks very good is called deep referencing: https://www.swordsearcher.com/features/deepref.html
Basically, they have a reverse index from verses to all the places in all modules where that verse is being linked to, even if it's part of a verse range link.
This makes personal modules and topical modules much more useful - the information is available immediately.
And the information can't be searched using book searches, since that will miss verses which are part of verse range links.

I would really love to have something like this in TheWord.
JG

Re: feature request: deep referencing

Post by JG »

Thanks for mentioning this feature. Actually it was something that was in my head(and mentioned to Costas) before Swordsearcher had it, but it was not a feature that was coded at that time.
So there is no roadmap to if/when this feature will appear in theWord. We agree it does open up more of the information contained in all the modules.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

There is a "TWMindexer" that a user, Pastor Baldwin, had developed.
viewtopic.php?t=2097&start=15

As I recall it only works in "user" modules (no "premium").
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
JG

Post by JG »

Yes there is that utility, but I would not advise using it as it does modify the module.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet