Encrypting modules for commercial release

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
preachermax

Encrypting modules for commercial release

Post by preachermax »

This is the first post.  It is copied from the post I made earlier on the BibleSupport forum:

I have immersed myself in developing a way to convert renaissance Greek and Latin (and possibly Hebrew) manuscripts into text with fonts matching the original works. Such manuscripts exist in various image formats in several repositories around the world.

From there, I intended to create E-Sword and TheWord modules from OCR'd images.  Thank the Lord, both ministries have hung around long enough for me to get here.  

My starting point is the Erasmus 1516 original printed version of the New Testament.  After 5 years of God making ways where there were none,  I have finally finished with an SQLite3 database containing the Gospel of Matthew.  And I just completed the Python code that does all the work.  The result is that the code generates both modules, with a lot of helpful interaction, up to and including Strong's, RMAC, Lemmas, and English. 

See attached screenshot.

My plan is to release both free and commercial modules.  The free one will be just the text, Ma'am, and will only permit personal use of the required font.
The feature-rich versions will be commercial. I have no idea how much to charge. And at the current pace, the entire thing will be ready sometime early next year.

But I do need to know how to encrypt the SQLite modules in preparation for release at BibleSupport, E-Sword, and The Word.

Thanks for any help you can give.  The faster I can generate a small income, the more time I can dedicate to future projects like:

Erasmus Versions from 1519, 1522, 1527, and 1535
Complutensian PolyGlot
Stephanus 1550

I am starting here, but I will eventually need to join with all three ministries to reach the first big release milestone.

This is historical technology for sharing God's word for as far back as the extant body of manuscripts goes.  And the Devil doesn't like it. 

So, I covet your prayers.

In Him,

Max
Attachments
Erasmvs1516+ Screenshot
Erasmvs1516+ Screenshot
2021-09-01-Matt 5_1 - theWord.png (86.21 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
jonathangkoehn

Re: Encrypting modules for commercial release

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Greetings PreacherMax,
Thank you for sharing about the work you are working on. Perhaps for comparison for those interested could you show the text you have done alongside an image of the manuscript. Only for comparison so people will better understand the font work you have put into it.

As to encrypting that is entirely possible. A question though are you planning on selling them on your own website or would you like to work with us at theWord.net and theWordBooks.com and receive a royalty. (If you would email your response to us at [email protected] that would be best.)

This is interesting work indeed. I have wanted to see some manuscript tools for some time.

We look forward to your response.
In Christ,
Jonathan Koehn @ theWordBooks Team
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
preachermax

Re: Encrypting modules for commercial release

Post by preachermax »

Here is an image that compares the original Erasmus 1516 image to the matching text in theWord.

Thanks for the suggestion.

God Bless
Mss_theWord_compare.png
Mss_theWord_compare.png (339.49 KiB) Viewed 1033 times