Explore the Bible vs NIC

Discussion on theWord modules and other resources
DarrelW

Explore the Bible vs NIC

Post by DarrelW »

I am a little confused I think. We have watched the NICOT and NICNT commentary series come out, and now I am watching the "Explore the Bible" commentary series emerging. I now have the NT series of NIC and part of the OT series, and they are good commentaries. Why would I, or should I, look at the new series coming out? How do they differ from, or enhance, the NIC series?

And I guess even more importantly, who is the intended audience for the "Explore the Bible" series?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated! Thanks!

Darrel
DarrelW

Re: Explore the Bible vs NIC

Post by DarrelW »

Any comments on this topic?
JG

Post by JG »

No
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Forgive me, but I have a legitimate question/issue. I don't want to pick up things that I don't need, and I don't know the audience/technical level between the NIC commentaries and the "Explore the bible" set. Jon's answer was rather terse, so I am hoping that SOMEONE can provide a bit more information. Thanks!

Darrel
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

The Exploring Bible series has a variety of devotional, verse by verse etc. just a different commentary set. You can find more about it at https://www.dayone.co.uk/
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
DarrelW

Post by DarrelW »

Thanks Jonathan, I just needed some insight so I had a perspective on it compared to NIC, so I can put my money to the best use. I did pick up the BDAG and am glad I did that. Jon, just so you know, I value what you add and bring to the table for TW. Thanks to both of you!

Darrel
Scalamilano

Post by Scalamilano »

When you read the new translation, you will enjoy it immensely. And when you research it: it helps you understand God's Word better. And it makes it easier to explain it to others. That's why parents encourage you to read the Bible every day, because the message it contains will help you "stand as one who has attained to fullness, having firm confidence in all the will of God" (Colossians 4:12).