difficulties with strongs displaying

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
alisonireland

difficulties with strongs displaying

Post by alisonireland »

Hi I am new using this programme

I am having difficulty displaying strongs in the KJV bible even though strongs box is ticked in the bible view options; I have it set so the strongs number pops up only if I click Ctrl and then the word; which initiates a pop up, but I wonder how to set it so that strongs displays all the time in the display view; pressing s on my keyboard has no effect; neither does checking the display strongs in the bibe view settings.

Also please, is there a way also to SHOW it in the bible view WITHOUT pop up so it only refers to the dictionary IF I click the actual strongs no?

Is it possible to have different strongs view settings fro different bible views or is the settings dialogue box global to all bibles that support strongs?

I would be most grateful for any advice thanks; apologies for the caps but I also had difficulty underlining and using bold for this post!
JG

Re: difficulties with strongs displaying

Post by JG »

alisonireland wrote:Hi I am new using this programme

I am having difficulty displaying Strong's in the KJV bible even though Strong's box is ticked in the bible view options; I have it set so the Strong's number pops up only if I click Ctrl and then the word; which initiates a pop up, but I wonder how to set it so that Strong's displays all the time in the display view; pressing s on my keyboard has no effect; neither does checking the display Strong's in the Bible view settings.
The options window mentions that Shift S will "hide" Strong's numbers behind the word they are attached.
Once you have figured this out you will see what is going on with the different settings.

Also please, is there a way also to SHOW it in the bible view WITHOUT pop up so it only refers to the dictionary IF I click the actual Strong's no?
That is done with the Ctrl key options checked, in that options window.
Is it possible to have different Strong's view settings from different bible views or is the settings dialogue box global to all bibles that support Strong's?
Most option settings are per view.
I would be most grateful for any advice thanks; apologies for the caps but I also had difficulty underlining and using bold for this post!
Please read through the manual.
Please take some time to learn a few features each day. Soon you will have a good grasp of how it all works. There are many options, and it does take time to recall where they are and what they effect. However reading through the manual and using the program are the best way forward.

Welcome to the forum.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
alisonireland

Re: difficulties with strongs displaying

Post by alisonireland »

many thanks Jon I had not realiised to press Shift as well as the s!