Scroll Problem

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
bellgamin

Scroll Problem

Post by bellgamin »

I can't quite get Topic Lists to scroll to the first & second topics. Screenshot...........
ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 10 15.12.gif
ScreenHunter_03 Feb. 10 15.12.gif (30.99 KiB) Viewed 1109 times
[attachment=2]

I have found a work-around by pressing "Previous Topic" button until I get to first topic. However, I thought you should like to know about the scrolling issue (assuming you don't already).

By the way, I am liking theWord more & more every day -- it's already > eSword & climbing. (By the way, I *think* your forum could do with a "thumbs-up" smiley for its rather limited smiley assortment. Also, your forums set-up for attachments should give the option of posting screenshots as thumbnails vice full images.)

Aloha to you from Hawaii :D
Life is a mirror
Frown & it frowns back
Smile & it returns the greeting.
Jeff

Re: Scroll Problem

Post by Jeff »

I can't seem to repeat your problem. Whenever the list is long enough that I can't see all topics there's a scroll bar.

Until Jon or someone gives more specific help there are two or three more workarounds that might help.

- Press the icon to the left of the search box to show the topic lists. It can of course be turned off again once you select the topic if you wish.

- Highlight (select) the search box and start typing the topic you wish to go to.

- Use the mouse wheel over the topics list to select it, then use one of the arrow buttons. (This doesn't work as I would expect, but seems to go either to the first or last topic depending on which arrow button you click, the up arrow seems to take you down, the down arrow seems to take you up, and the left and right arrows seem to take you up.)

Howdy from a slightly less tropical climate. :D
Jeff

Using theWord Beta on MX Linux via Wine.
bellgamin

Post by bellgamin »

Jeff wrote:I can't seem to repeat your problem. Whenever the list is long enough that I can't see all topics there's a scroll bar.
Perhaps it's because I am using a laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T450s). Notice that the scroll bar is all the way up (the blue bar is top of the screen) but Topic 1 cannot be seen.

As I said in my initial post, I already have a work-around.

Wyoming is bee-yoo-ti-ful!!!
Eladsit.gif
Eladsit.gif (35.07 KiB) Viewed 1101 times
Life is a mirror
Frown & it frowns back
JG

Post by JG »

Try this as a workaround. It might stick for you. I think this is going to be a third-party control issue, so not sure of fix.
001170 Paragraph.jpg
001170 Paragraph.jpg (59.08 KiB) Viewed 1099 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
bellgamin

Post by bellgamin »

JG wrote:Try this as a workaround. It might stick for you. I think this is going to be a third-party control issue, so not sure of fix.
10Q JG. Didn't stick for me. Even so, it's a much faster work-around than the one I found.
Life is a mirror
Frown & it frowns back
JG

Post by JG »

I have added it to our job list.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet