Bible Search View Persistent Column Width

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
therapon

Bible Search View Persistent Column Width

Post by therapon »

The default width of the Bible/Book column in Bible Search View is too narrow - it truncates the verse reference as in the screenshot. I can adjust the width by dragging the divider over and be able to see the complete reference. Is it possible to make the adjusted column width persistent? It's a pain in the neck to have to change for every search.
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (53.45 KiB) Viewed 942 times
JG

Re: Bible Search View Persistent Column Width

Post by JG »

Can anyone else repeat this? Mine appears to adjust to the window width.
Is this high dpi issue? or scaling. The fonts seem larger and bolder than I have.
Search 1527 Windows 10.jpg
Search 1527 Windows 10.jpg (208.07 KiB) Viewed 933 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

110 dpi, running in WINE on Linux. 96 dpi makes the menu text, etc. too small to read comfortably. That is also true for other Windows programs.

If I make the window bigger, the columns get wider, smaller and they get narrower. The minimum width for the Bible/Book column seems to be 1 or 2 characters. It's really flaky how it works. If I widen the window, all the columns get wider. If I narrow the window, they all get smaller; then if I widen it again, the column widths are no longer in the same proportions - the Bible/Book column is proportionally wider in relation to the verse text column. When I run another search with the window still open, the column widths return to their "default" proportions.

The program remembers window position and size, remembering column width as well would fix it for me.
JG

Post by JG »

I have raised an issue on our bug list [TW-37]
No idea of time till fixed.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
therapon

Post by therapon »

thanks