Tiny Icons

Ask here any questions regarding program functionality
dutch1791

Tiny Icons

Post by dutch1791 »

Hi,

I just installed theWord and am trying to learn to use it. My fonts were very tiny to begin with, but I found how to increase the size and I can read tit now. However, my icons are all extremely tiny. I can barely see them. I've searched the board but I don't see anything thst addresses this - apologies if I have missed something.

How do I increase the size of my icons?

-Dutch
JG

Re: Tiny Icons

Post by JG »

Can you post a screen shot compared to another program?
What size and dpi is your screen?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
dutch1791

Post by dutch1791 »

I've attached a screen grab. You can see the tiny icons in comparison to the font of the text. That font size is approximately 8 pt.

The display resolution is 3840 x 2400. It's a 15 inch laptop.
Attachments
theWord_icons.PNG
theWord_icons.PNG (99.34 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
dutch1791

Post by dutch1791 »

That font size looks WAAY larger in the picture than in reality. Like I said, it's about 7 or 8 pt.
JG

Post by JG »

Can anyone assist with what to do in this situation to make the icons appear larger when using a high dpi screen. I don't have one to test with. I am sure there is a setting in the properties tab of the theword.exe

High dpi.jpg
High dpi.jpg (259.3 KiB) Viewed 1107 times
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
dutch1791

Post by dutch1791 »

It took creating a shortcut and some playing around with those compatibility DPI settings, but I finally got the icons to look normal. I don't have as much screen space, but I can see the icons. :-)

Thanks for your help!
JG

Post by JG »

What settings finally got it working for you?
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software