High dpi monitors. Feedback needed

Have you found a bug or you think that the program does not function as expected? Report it here
JG

High dpi monitors. Feedback needed

Post by JG »

We need any user that has theWord running on high dpi monitor to tell us if things are working ok and what settings you had to make to the operating system settings etc.

Do you see a difference between theWord version 5 and 6.
version 5 did not have the dpi aware flag set, so was an operating system setting that is followed.
version 6 had the dpi aware flag set. Is this causing a problem. If so we can remove the flag in tw 6
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
mikeatnip

Re: High dpi monitors. Feedback needed

Post by mikeatnip »

I am using a Microsoft Surface Studio 1. In Version 6, the icons are too small. I do not see a way to change them.
The text and module names in 6 are sharper than in 5. That part is an improvement!
Attachments
theword 6.jpg
theword 6.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3918 times
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

The only thing I changed was that text of the Bible module was very small to start with, but that was easy to fix by using the plus icon.
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

I found the post on this site that mentions changing the dpi settings and it worked great.
right click .exe icon, properties, compatibility tab, change high dpi settings, check override high dpi and set to system (enhanced).
Worked excellent.
JG

Post by JG »

Thanks for the feedback and a solution that worked for you.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Rich

Post by Rich »

mikeatnip wrote:I found the post on this site that mentions changing the dpi settings and it worked great.
right click .exe icon, properties, compatibility tab, change high dpi settings, check override high dpi and set to system (enhanced).
Worked excellent.
That worked for me also.
Thanks
csterg
Site Admin

Post by csterg »

Hi All,
thanks for the valuable feedback. I think I am going to put out a new minor update so these dpi settings become the default behavior of theWord, as it seems that many users have this issue.
Costas
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

For whatever reason now, that I have changed computers, the dpi compatibility setting (on the exe icon) keeps reverting back to normal every time I shut the program down and open it back up. I had that problem occasionally before, but now it is every single time. Is there a way to tweak the software to always use enhanced dpi settings on startup?
I am using 6.0.0.1527 version.
mikeatnip

Post by mikeatnip »

A little update on this: I copied TheWord files to an external hard drive (solid state) that I keep attached to my Surface Book II. Now the dpi compatibility settings do not revert. I have no idea why they revert on the thumb drive but not the external hard drive, but that is what I experienced. For whatever that is worth ...
Williams08

Post by Williams08 »

This problem has become common from 4k and high resolution monitors, especially when monitors are combined with large, standard displays.