Offline/Online

Share your favorite tips, workarounds and shortcuts for theWord
metalmastersltd

Offline/Online

Post by metalmastersltd »

Can this be used offline once installed, or must I be online to use the software?
Dave
JG

Re: Offline/Online

Post by JG »

metalmastersltd wrote:Can this be used offline once installed, or must I be online to use the software?

Yes it can be used offline once installed. Only need to be online to download resources.
Jon
the
Word 6 Bible Software
OS for testing; Windows 10
Beta Download ------Beta Setup Guide------On-line Manual------Tech doc's and Utilities------Copyright Factsheet
Pasa

Post by Pasa »

JG wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:02 am
metalmastersltd wrote:Can this be used offline once installed, or must I be online to use the software?

Yes it can be used offline once installed. Only need to be online to download resources.
What size are the resources?

Sorry for bumping this old thread. I don't really want to create a new thread!
jonathangkoehn

Post by jonathangkoehn »

Resource size can greatly vary from 1mb to 100mb or more it depends on the resource you are downloading.
Jonathan Koehn @ https://www.thewordbooks.com
TotheWord make resources for theWord
2 Timothy 2:15 “Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.” NET2
evelinchamplin

Post by evelinchamplin »

Hello, won't I encounter problems if I use this offline? I was wondering if maybe there are some features of it that require it to be connected to the internet.
kenfhill84083

Post by kenfhill84083 »

evelinchamplin wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:35 am Hello, won't I encounter problems if I use this offline? I was wondering if maybe there are some features of it that require it to be connected to the internet.
The only situations I recall needing to be online are
(1) a module has a hyperlink to an online webpage
(2) you use the "Add Titles" button
(3) some options on the Help menu
(4) ? reporting an error (can't remember for sure since TW is so very stable, even in beta versions)